535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call yesterday from the local Honda dealership
they told me about a passenger airbag recall
Anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Yep, this is the next iteration of the industry-wide Takata airbag recall.

The problem is that the old one may emit shrapnel in a collision, thus causing additional injury to the person they were supposed to protect.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually just had a second recall replacement done on the passenger airbag. The first replacement they put in a couple of years ago was just recalled also.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What year is your Odyssey? What state do you live in? BOTH of these can affect whether your van IS, OR ISN'T, in the recall of the passenger air bag inflator... and whether this is the first, or second, recall of that part.

The first recall of the passenger air bag inflator was because it could possibly release metal shards upon inflation. Parts of the country in which humidity is high/higher were prioritized for the recall. The replacement inflator is also prone to issues pertaining to humidity. Thus, the replacement inflators are now due for recall (i.e., the second recall) and humid parts of the country are the top priority.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year is your Odyssey? What state do you live in? BOTH of these can affect whether your van IS, OR ISN'T, in the recall of the passenger air bag inflator... and whether this is the first, or second, recall of that part.

The first recall of the passenger air bag inflator was because it could possibly release metal shards upon inflation. Parts of the country in which humidity is high/higher were prioritized for the recall. The replacement inflator is also prone to issues pertaining to humidity. Thus, the replacement inflators are now due for recall (i.e., the second recall) and humid parts of the country are the top priority.
Mine is a 2003, I bought it in Texas but it has spent most of its mileage in and around Washington state.

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
The current recall is the second one. There are no geographic restrictions or roll outs this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts