Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this email from Carfax over the weekend, talking about a recall for the 3rd Row Power Outlet. I have not heard of this one before, anyone know anything about it? The search on this forum seems broken this morning.

I actually have an appointment in a week to bring it in for the jerky transmission TSB, hopefully they can knock this one out at the same time.

02/07/2020
Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
NHTSA #PENDING
Recall #T6U 2018-20 Odyssey 3rd Row Power Outlet
Safety Recall

Locate an authorized Honda dealer to obtain more information about this recall

EDIT: I should note neither Honda's Recall Lookup site nor the NHTSA Recall Lookup site have any information about this, not even that this recall exists.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It was posted here too a couple days ago..

·
Registered
714 Posts
I got this notification in the Honda app as well. My dealer breaks more things than fix whenever recall work is done, I have to go back a few times to get everything fixed. Can someone recommend a solid dealer in Toronto area who you have been to for recall work and it was done right the first time? Looking to get this work done by a tech who is experienced and doesn’t rush/cracks/scratches things.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just got a phone call from the dealer that sold her to us. It looks like something that can wait until our first oil change. We are at 3,1xx miles and about 60% to service A.

Shame really having to pull all those panels. Hopefully she will stay as rattle free as before.

Is it out of line to ask them to see the car when they take it all apart and then again when they install electric tape and re-route the wire bundle? Ever since they stripped the roof rail during install and had to wait 2 weeks for whole new rail I'm not sure I'm confident enough for them to do this right. Or am I overreacting here? 😂

·
Registered
330 Posts
Funny enough, the recall doesn't show up when I look it up under owners.honda.com or in the Honda Link app. Still says zero recalls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also received email from Carfax saying this recall on my 2019 EXL. I checked my VIN on Honda owners but saw zero recall on it. Get confused...

Does anyone confirm the recall with the dealer and it can be found in the recall list?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Funny enough, the recall doesn't show up when I look it up under owners.honda.com or in the Honda Link app. Still says zero recalls.
As normal for most corporations, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, ergo, they have not put the VIN to their website database yet, my vehicle also says on Honda's site that a recall was not found.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a passenger door motor replaced in my 2012 (now gone).

Looks like a similar procedure. Dealer did a hack job and required multiple return visits, and still not perfectly done.

Very reluctant to get this done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts