Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Have searched for recall info but unfortunately haven't had any luck. Couple questions I'm hoping to get help with:
- is there a list of current recalls out on 2007 recalls?
- are the recalls different for US vans than Canadian vans?
- if there is a recall on the van would a Canadian dealership perform the recall for me on my US van?

I haven't noticed any issues with the van but my wife feels that:
- there seems to be a rough idle / vibration when stopped
- at about 60-70kph van seems to hunt back and forth approx 100-200 RPM.
Anyone know if this is normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes it shows the brake recall, nothing on the transmission.
Does anyone have a copy of the transmission recall?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disregard, may have found it in the sticky section.
Is the delay engaging P to R the main transmission related TSB

·
Registered
178 Posts
I couldn't get a Canadian dealer to do a recall work on my US imported Ody. However, you can take it back to the US for the work. It looks like it is further for you though.

I found and have read the delay from P to D is normal for Honda transmissions. My Acura did that as well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
brow said:
Hi there,
Have searched for recall info but unfortunately haven't had any luck. Couple questions I'm hoping to get help with:
- is there a list of current recalls out on 2007 recalls?

Transport Canada has a search tool. Here's the 2007 Oddysey list (has just one... :) ):
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/SEARCH/SearchResult.aspx?lang=fra&mk=4785!1954&md=ODYSSEY&fy=2007&ty=2007&ft=&ls=0&sy=0
- are the recalls different for US vans than Canadian vans?
They tend to be similar, but there may be delays etc between when they are announced in one country vs the other.
- if there is a recall on the van would a Canadian dealership perform the recall for me on my US van?
Don't know that. I know Honda does not recognize US car's warranties if owned and operated in Canada (i.e. if you import a car), unlike Toyota, so I wouldn't expect an easy solution...
I haven't noticed any issues with the van but my wife feels that:
(...)
- at about 60-70kph van seems to hunt back and forth approx 100-200 RPM.
There is a recall/TSB for this, had it done last week, that involves an update to the transmission's computer. Can't find the link to the post with all the TSBs on it... :-/

Good luck.

Nicolas

·
Registered
513 Posts
eneka1 said:
you can sign up and honda owernes link and when you add your car via vin number, it can tell your if there are any recalls, or you can look for recalls here
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm
Don't know if it is different in Canada, but I did not receive any notice of the VSA recall through the owner's site. Maybe because the recall is dated before we bought the car, but it had not been done when we bought it...

Was kind of disappointed that it did not.

Nicolas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses.
Just an update, got the van into one of the local dealers today, they performed the TSB for the TC shudder and have ordered the parts for the brake recall (apparently on backorder.
No issues at all with the dealership, they don't have a problem at all with the van being from the USA, a refreshing change from some of the moronic comments I have heard from other dealers. They also don't have any issue doing warranty work for me through the warranty policy I purchased from Zurich. Good stuff.

·
Registered
178 Posts
brow said:
Thanks for the responses.
Just an update, got the van into one of the local dealers today, they performed the TSB for the TC shudder and have ordered the parts for the brake recall (apparently on backorder.
No issues at all with the dealership, they don't have a problem at all with the van being from the USA, a refreshing change from some of the moronic comments I have heard from other dealers. They also don't have any issue doing warranty work for me through the warranty policy I purchased from Zurich. Good stuff.
Really? That's great that they were willing to do the TSB work. I couldn't get my Vancouver dealer to do it. They said something about having issues getting reimbursed. Maybe something changed recently. I will try during my next service.

I had added a 3rd party warranty as well but if I don't use it, I get $1k back. I am close enough to the border so not a big deal for a day trip to get things done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts