Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can replace my two front seats to a more supportive seats such as the ones from Recaro ? Has anyone tried it ?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Does anyone know if I can replace my two front seats to a more supportive seats such as the ones from Recaro ? Has anyone tried it ?</font>
lookinco,
Check out this page:
http://home.att.ne.jp/sea/ora-lag/index.html/lagmania01.htm

Apparently it's possible. I wonder if the brackets are fabricated ?

------------------
-ROB-

'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
794 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Apparently it's possible. I wonder if the brackets are fabricated ?</font>
There's a list of "adapters" as Recaro calls them for various models. Ody isn't listed but several other Honda models are (Accord, Civic, CRX). Is the Ody seat mounted using the same hardware from those or another car?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not talking about the race one though...just the ones that are more supportive

·
Registered
794 Posts
I looked at a Recaro many years ago. It was over $1000. It's probably over $2K now. Heck, maybe it's more. (The web page doesn't list prices.)

But the "ortho" model was impressive. The seat was made of many little pieces, each one of which could be individually adjusted. For example, if your left shoulder blade was an inch more forward than your right, the seat could be adjusted for that.

I think even the cheap Recaro's had air bladders in the lumbar area. I'm surprised the Ody has such a weenie lumbar control. My old '94 Windstar had bladder lumbar from the factory that worked great!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes it can be done...

I installed a Recaro Othoped in replacement of the original electric seat on the driver side of my 2000 Ody EX.

You will have to custom fabricate an adapter to fit between the elevated base and the Recaro seat and also provide a place to secure the seat belt anchor.

I have done mine by welding 0.25inch thick steel angle & steel plate.

Email me and I will provide pictures.

Best regards from Montreal, Canada

RobertC
[email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Does anyone know if I can replace my two front seats to a more supportive seats such as the ones from Recaro ? Has anyone tried it ?</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts