Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to say BRAVO to this web-site. So much great information!

Our situation was different than most and I will try to keep it brief. We utilized a registered importer next to the Canadian border to purchase our Ody from Canada. It was great, saved about $1,200 under MSRP and saved the headaches of trying to get a Canadian model through the boarder. (We let the importer do the work) 2002 GG EX-L.

We love it so far and have already added quite a few things to it already. Will do aftermarket RES in a while.

I fully understand the warranty thing but my inlaws live next to Canada and don't mind taking it back to Canada if we need work done on it.

------------------
2002 GG EX-L Canadian Model

·
Registered
15 Posts
What if anything did you do to the speedometer dial? How long did you have to wait? Did they have a good selection? How do I find this broker? Will he negotiate less than $1200 below MSRP? Did he try and sell you warranty coverage? I sure would like the heated mirrors and DRL's here in Montana too.

Lars

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lars:
What if anything did you do to the speedometer dial? How long did you have to wait? Did they have a good selection? How do I find this broker? Will he negotiate less than $1200 below MSRP? Did he try and sell you warranty coverage? I sure would like the heated mirrors and DRL's here in Montana too.

Lars
</font>
Lars,

The registered importer does all the changes to the vehicle to come into the U.S. I only waited a week for the vehicle. I told him what I was looking for and he did it. He has to negotiate a price through a dealer in Canada so he was not firm with a price up front but did give me a range. I chose not to purchase the optional warranty coverage.

What I would recommend is try to locate via the internet a importer in Montana near the boarder who would do the same for you.

[This message has been edited by Kbatcher (edited 10-26-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts