Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early this year, I had to explain to my local dealership of the issue that I had with the power steering on my Honda Odyssey 2007 EXL.

I had issues with turning the steering wheel at low speeds.

Since the issue was out of the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, I had to pay out of pocket on the work done to replace the power steering reservoir.

It fixed the issue for a few months but it came back. I argued again with the dealership and after a few months, they finally agreed to a goodwill authorized by Honda. I had to pay for the labour which was about $120 + the fluid.

Yesterday, I received an extended warranty notice from Honda. To my surprise, it was an official letter from Honda Canada informing me that they will reimburse me for the cost incurred for the work done. They have noticed issues with the power steering, and is communicating to customers who have had work done out of pocket, and will reimburse. The work needs to have been done prior to Jan 2012.

I'm glad that Honda finally admits to it. Hopefully they'll do the same thing with the transimission judder. I sometimes feel it when decelerating and accelerating right after.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had them replace the power steering pump a couple weeks ago under this extended warranty deal. My wife said it was acting funny once in awhile, but I never felt it "hard to steer at slow speeds". Once they replaced it, it did feel a lot better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got my $338.00 cheque from Honda. I submitted the paperwork sometime mid December. The cheque reimbursement covered the cost of the labour of replacing the pump + cost of the steering fluid reservoir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts