Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change out my rotors & pads on an 05, did you all go back to the OEM or something new, please recommend.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Did you start out by searching on here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I found a bunch of how to's but nothing about what types of rotors /pad to use.

tks

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Look harder. I am pretty positive there is mention of what pads (and even what rotors) to use in many threads.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My mechanic gave me aftermarket front rotors. I don't recall the name unfortunately.

The dealer wanted to charge $300 to resurface the rotors, my mechanic told me to just get new rotors for $275.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
There's a bunch of posts around on this. Most like Centric which is what I went with along with their Ceramic pads. They make some noise if you're doing very low-speed braking...and only for about the last/first couple inches of travel....sort of a quick burp just as you stop or release them. Otherwise they are silent and grab very hard. I've hammered on them a couple times at 80mph and they hook-up terrific. Much better than the OEM but I can't judge how long they'll last at this point. OEM's went about 50k and so far have about 5k on these.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went with Akebono ACT1089 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set & Centric Parts 121.40064 C-Tek Standard Brake Rotor. Got everything shipped for $110! My rotors were warped @ 16k miles so I did not want to go OE route. The pads still had a lot of meat left but I replaced them anyways.

With this combination, initial bite is not as grabby as the OE so it is now smoother and feels like less brake fade as it seems to brake much stronger and more consistent than before. No noise whatsoever and no noticeable brake dust as well. So yeah, very happy after 1500 miles or so...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went with NAPA,, trying low cost China stuff after I found out Honda oem stuff is made in China

Total cost for me was $135 DIY

PAds $55

http://www.napabrakes.com/wps/portal/napabrake/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_gAiwBXQw93IwN_Y08XAyNTN2NDc4MQQ39_M6B8JE55izBTYnT7mXl7-hv5AeV9TJ0MjLxMPEJDHX0N3D0NCOgOB7kWv-0geTzm-3nk56bqF-SGRhhkmSgCAHqPuiQ!/dl2/d1/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnB3LzZfUDhQRTFIRzIwT0k1NDAyTFNWSEJTUFJLRjE!?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/affinia_websites_content_en/affinia.websites.content/Products/General/napa_brakes/Brake+Pads/AdaptiveOne/

Rotors $40 each

http://www.napabrakes.com/wps/portal/napabrake/c1/jY7LDoIwFES_yPS2UMpWIrSVyiVWHrIxLIxpIuDC-P2WnW6qmeXJmRkyEJ95fLnb-HTLPN5JT4bkUqd1TpVkgJrHwIxtVWbrY1lQz8-fPNI7YLyIqIATTVv-j10lpUZWeW54Bmwfq6bZHkBq-GF369vw-spD_d9-i7lfwMhYIaRAEexHTEillulKHlPTg9ObN3KlfM4!/dl2/d1/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnB3LzZfUDhQRTFIRzIwT0k1NDAyTFNWSEJTUFJLRjE!?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/affinia_websites_content_en/affinia.websites.content/Products/General/napa_brakes/Rotors/Premium/ :D :D

sorry links don't go all the way,, click products then pads and rotors,, I went with the adaptive one (diff material inside / outside)

Brakes work as good as OEM so far,,,

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm thinking of using this company's drilled rotors, pads and stainless lines. Any feedback?

ebay seller of brakes

·
Registered
309 Posts
^ don't waste your money on drilled rotors unless you just want the look. No performance gain for street use in a minivan.

I have Raybestos Advanced Technology Rotors on the front of mine (I have used Raybestos for years on multiple cars and always had much better than OE performance).

I have the Centric rotors on the rear (this was a price decision, they are cheap and work well)

Rotors were bought from rockauto.com

I have Monroe pads all the way around, bought from amazon.com

I am very happy with this combo and it was WAY less expensive then OEM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts