Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm most likely going to become an Odyssey soonish and I'm wondering about optional accessories.

Are there particular ones that are 'must haves' that I should price into the cost of purchasing? Floor mats, roof rack, seat covers, door guards?

I'm hoping someone here would know what the most desirable ones are for resale and also for practical everyday purposes.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Radixhound,
I am new to this forum as I have recently ordered an Odyssey and was also considering accessories. I can tell you that today I reviewed the list of accessories I wanted, and found that they are ALL available direct from Honda on Amazon.com and about 60% of the cost the dealer wants to install them. If you are at all handy I recommend you consider which ones you can install yourself.
I asked my dealer to install the Body Side Molding, as I want that and figure they can apply the adhesive straighter and better than I might myself. However Door Visors, Moonroof Visor, and Hood Air Deflector I figure I can do myself and save hundreds. Same for Wheel Locks. The sales rep at the dealer had already told me that WeatherTec makes better mats that the Honda OEM, and they are less expensive.
Roof Rails and all those accessories are also available, and I feel I can install those, though I read the reviews on Amazon and you do need Torx tools and something to cut some thin metal strips.
The only other thing I would definitely have them install if I want it is the Remote Start. After perusing this site though I think I will wait and possibly go aftermarket with the Viper option.
It is important to note that if the dealer installs your accessories they will be covered under warranty. In my case none of the accessories I install would really warrant coverage so saving the money is more important to me.
Good Luck!

Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jason

Hey Jason,

Thanks a bunch that is super helpful feedback. I was assuming I could save money on the accessories by purchasing with the vehicle. I guess we'll see if the dealer will give me a great deal on the accessories. It will help the negotiations if I can quote an online price.

I'll look into the WeatherTec mats too.

Hi Radixhound,
I am new to this forum as I have recently ordered an Odyssey and was also considering accessories. I can tell you that today I reviewed the list of accessories I wanted, and found that they are ALL available direct from Honda on Amazon.com and about 60% of the cost the dealer wants to install them. If you are at all handy I recommend you consider which ones you can install yourself.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
with our last new car we only signed if they gave us ,winter rims tires, floormats, blockheater,hood deflector, ventshades and a 500 gas card, ide say close to 2.5k worth of free stuff, remember when you buy a new car you have the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts