Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got GTR Ultra Lighting 2 on my Ody. However I don't recommend them due to poor customer service. They light up road very well.
I'm replacing my headlights with Elite LED ones anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went with Xenon Depot LED 125.00 for the pair. Have 4 rouge spots on the 2019 EXL and customer service was a joke. Go with another brand.Ill live with it eventually i will try another brand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I strongly suggest VLEDS Micro Extreme 4,500 lumen headlight bulbs. That's what I have in mine. They preserve the same light pattern, just make it brighter with instant on.

I've updated every single bulb to their LEDs. Here's the thread. They're spendy, but well worth it in my opinion with great warranty and US based quality control and shipping.

You can use HONDA10 for 10% off if you don't want to wait for one of their big sales. I've used them almost exclusively over the last several years and several cars and always love the result.

View attachment 153918
I was about to place an order for low, high beams as you recommended. Only not sure how useful or how often using fog lights. Debating I'd I should change fog with led. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was about to place an order for low, high beams as you recommended. Only not sure how useful or how often using fog lights. Debating I'd I should change fog with led. Any suggestions.
I use mine all the time. For city driving it's awesome as it lights up so much right in front of the car. I leave mine on at the switch and they always come on with low beams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 18 ex-l. Ended up getting beamtech for my low and high beams. Were in the $30-$40 range on amazon. Very happy with them.

Low
High
Fog
Hi Quick question. I have a 2018 Honda Odyseey EX-L van. I need more brightness in headlights and fog lights. How do I know both fog and headlights came with the van is already LED bulbs?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Quick question. I have a 2018 Honda Odyseey EX-L van. I need more brightness in headlights and fog lights. How do I know both fog and headlights came with the van is already LED bulbs?
EX-L doesn't come with LED headlights or fog lights from the factory.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A family member recently bought a 2020 EX-L and as expected, does not like the standard halogen bulbs used for night time driving. Does anyone have suggestion on a pair of aftermarket LED bulbs that he could purchase? Thanks in advance.
Don't do it! The reflector is not designed for an LED bulb, so the light pattern will not be correct. It is very likely the LED bulb will put out less light, but more dangerously the light output will not be what it is supposed to be. That means it will probably blind other road users and it won't light up the road as it should. You can get better halogen bulbs that will provide more output and still provide the beam pattern it should.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don't do it! The reflector is not designed for an LED bulb, so the light pattern will not be correct. It is very likely the LED bulb will put out less light, but more dangerously the light output will not be what it is supposed to be. That means it will probably blind other road users and it won't light up the road as it should. You can get better halogen bulbs that will provide more output and still provide the beam pattern it should.
Your statement is correct for reflector housing headlights. 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, however, has a protector style low beam, not reflector. Some cheaper LED bulbs put out less light. High end VLEDS actually put out more light. The beam pattern stays the same, just brighter.

Here's the difference as seen by my security camera:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel like they are brighter. Amazon has a good return policy if you are not happy. The EX-L trim is all halogen from the factory. For me it was low risk knowing if I was not happy the lights could all go back. Only thing I was out was my time.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts