Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called HONDA and they said the factory part is a NGK #IZFR 5K11 - Irridium

Obviously, you want to go with Irridium because it has a precious metal in it so it lasts 7 years ( iridium = 7 yrs/90k vs. 40k = platnium)

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with Bosch 9604 Double Iridium OE Replacement Spark Plugs?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Do a search. As I recall, the Bosch (OE for who?) are not as good as Denso or NGK.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can use the OEM ones (factory mentioned above). I have had success with the Autolite XP5224, which is their iridium plug for Hondas. I get them on Rock Auto and they are low cost and I have 100s of thousands of miles on them on multiple Odys and an Accord.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Best to stick with the correct Honda OEM spark plugs from NGK. Buy them from a legit place such as Rock Auto. Don’t buy from Amazon or EBay - lots of counterfeit NGK spark plugs being sold there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When I changed my plugs I used Denso Iridium TT (IK16TT) plugs. I bought from Advance Auto where they were $8 each and they there was a coupon I had which knocked $10 off the order. That was over 4 years and 45K miles ago and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
112 Posts
I just bought the OE NGK plugs from RockAuto - I think it came out to $51.66 plus shipping. Only other thing I would consider putting in there are Denso plugs, which are the OE for my Toyota Camry. I think the NGKs were less than a dollar more expensive than the Denso for the Odyssey, so I just went with OE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts