Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to upgrade my the front door speaker and the rear subwoofer.
Anyone had an idea what is the oem front door speaker impedance, is it 4 ohms or 2 ohms, size? Rear oem subwoofer spec?
I have seen in some post they use 4ohms replacement speaker.

I am looking at the following possible replacement.
[h=1]JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers[/h]or [h=1]Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers[/h]
Any suggestions? Brand or sound quality? Install tips? Guides?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am planning to upgrade my the front door speaker and the rear subwoofer.
Anyone had an idea what is the oem front door speaker impedance, is it 4 ohms or 2 ohms, size? Rear oem subwoofer spec?
I have seen in some post they use 4ohms replacement speaker.

I am looking at the following possible replacement.
[h=1]JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers[/h]or [h=1]Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers[/h]
Any suggestions? Brand or sound quality? Install tips? Guides?
Polk MM651 are better than the DB651. I had the DB in my 05 Odyssey and the MM in my Ridgeline and partially in my 13 Odyssey. Not a great install because the MM are rather deep and needs an additional 3/8 spacer on top of the scosche adapter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2002 ody so it could be slightly different, but in my ody, i have two speaker in the front and two at the back, i also have tweeters in the front, but what i am running now is 2 6.5' alpines in the front and two 6.5' infinity speakers in the back, i also have a 12'' kicker in the back. Instillation i quite easy, mounting may be the hardest part because the screws might not line up but you can easily make that work. Also, if you are doing this yourself, you can got to best buy to get an adapter for the new speakers to connect to the OEM harness on your stock speaker wires. It does require cutting and splicing of wire though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am usin the mtx on my 14. couldnt be happier that that. Big improvement, but make sure you use the crossover and make sure all the wirings are correct including the polarity of the wire goes into the speakers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am usin the mtx on my 14. couldnt be happier that that. Big improvement, but make sure you use the crossover and make sure all the wirings are correct including the polarity of the wire goes into the speakers.
Could you provide more info on what MTX you're referring to? Also, isn't a crossover already included in the 2 way speakers? Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts