Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys !
i just noticed the red flashing light on the dashboard, next to left of speedometer. It starts flashing in the locked status. I mean once we unlock the vehicle, it doesn't flash, seems like security light, but haven't noticed it before.
please throw some light on this.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
548 Posts
Security light, like you suspected. It is described in the manual.

-Charlie

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,948 Posts
See this thread - I've got screen shots of the manual pages there.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I remember when I was younger on my 1986 civic, broke azz living in a shady neighborhood where theft and break ins were common.

I bought red blinking LED's from the electronics store, wired with a toggle switch and installed it in my dash to look like an alarm.
stuck a leftover viper sticker in the window.
I never had a break in until I finally could afford a real 200 buck alarm, one night downtown at the club.
?
Fun times!

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
I use that light to quickly check to see if our cars are locked at night. If you walk away, hit the fob to lock and a door is ajar, it will not be locked. The light confirms it.

Oh, my rant: you only have to hit the lock once to both lock and set the alarm. Hitting the button twice is for confirming you really locked it in a parking lot. Please do not do this in your neighborhood regularly. It's just annoying and you are not that special...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Oh, my rant: you only have to hit the lock once to both lock and set the alarm. Hitting the button twice is for confirming you really locked it in a parking lot. Please do not do this in your neighborhood regularly. It's just annoying and you are not that special...
For real!!! Just lock it once, it will auto lock all the doors after 10 secs.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
Other locking tricks & features:
If you use the fob (or your hand behind the handle if equipped) to unlock and never open a door, it will automatically relock.

If your hands are full and a door is open (so you cannot use the fob to lock) you can use the central locking button on the door to lock once you shut the door. This works on the sliding doors as well. Here is how that scenario works for me: I will arrive at home with groceries or other packages. I open one of the sliders that has the bags I need to take in. Grab my backpack, put my keys in my pocket, use to central lock on the door to lock, shut that door, grab the bags from the side slider, and switch it to close. As I walk away with all hands full, the slider closes and locks. This probably works with the auto hatch as well, but my van doesn't have that. But that does work on my wife's Acura that does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts