Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone who has a new 2002 Red Odyssey have any pictures of it? I just ordered mine based on what it looked like on their website, but I'd really like to see it in a "real" setting.

Thanks!
Killroy

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have many - but have no facility to post them. Give me your email addrss and I will send them to you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Killroy:
Wow...that's not as "Red" as I was expecting it to be. It's more like maroon, unless those pictures aren't color matched real well.</font>
The 2002 brochure shows a different shade of red than the two pictures available here. The photo in the brochure is definitely not maroon

I think that the Redrock Pearl is one of those colors that looks different depending on the ambient lighting.

You might take a look at the photos on the Honda site: http://www.honda2001.com/models/odyssey/qtvrs.html

There are several viewings of Redrock Pearl in the "360º View." You might need to download Quicktime (about 7 MB) to access the 360 views.

Regards,

Maugham

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ '01 White Laces

·
Registered
68 Posts
If Redrock Pearl is like the Firepepper Red on our Acura 3.2 TL, the lighting makes a bunch of difference, especially in photographs.

On a sunny day with the sun on the car, it looks like a metallic red.

On cloudy days it looks nearly marroon.

We like the color, but it is a color that varies more than some based on lighting.

Greg

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have pictures of mine in direct bright sunlight and it looks Bright Blood Red, but yes, in the evening it can look a deep maroon/burgundy.

Definitely the chameleon of Odysseys

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PD55:
I have many - but have no facility to post them. Give me your email addrss and I will send them to you.</font>
If you want, you can post then on fototime for 30 days free. Just register and post. If you don't wish to keep the service they will automatically delete the files after the trial period.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have many - but have no facility to post them...</font>
www.geocities.com lets you create a free website. The Page Builder wizard is easy to use and has plenty of features.

You don't have to actually build a website if you don't want to. Just upload your photos with the the Geocities features File Manager or Upload/FTP, then link to the photos by providing their addresses here.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

'02 RP EX-L due 10/17

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here's a few pics I took at the dealership yesterday. My van is ready for delivery, but the dealer is waiting for info from Honda on completing the exchange (replacement) for my SS 01 EX. These pics were taken when the dealership was closed so I couldn't really get close for any front shots. Will post more when we finally take delivery.

The change in apparent color is pretty extreme from one light angle to another.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/024447F064FFB24

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
79 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Killroy:
Wow...that's not as "Red" as I was expecting it to be. It's more like maroon, unless those pictures aren't color matched real well.

Killroy
</font>
Let me add something about the pics... nearly all of the side of the van is in the shade, which means it gets illumination from the blue sky (very few clouds that day). The rear has some sun from nearly straight up (observe shadows), but if you look at the lower right of the rear in the rocket2 picture at the top of the bumper, you can see a surface that gets a more direct sunlight. The color does depend on the angle of the light.

I need to get some more angles, but time is kinda scarce right now.

Leo

------------------
2002 EX-L NAV RRP
http://pages.prodigy.net/leo.waltz/ody/rocket2.jpg

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B677A18E3366FA5</font>
Wonderful photos, thanks!

The paint color really does interract with the ambient light.

Are those Honda or aftermarket clouds?
Several dealers are taking orders for them. I'd rather have the Canadian version.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

'02 RP EX-L due 10/17

·
Registered
1 Posts
PD55 thanks for the pictures.

The interior color looks light. I thought the Quartz was supposed to be more of a darker gray color. Do the Canadian models have different interior colors, than the US models?

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EKE5S:
PD55 thanks for the pictures.

The interior color looks light. I thought the Quartz was supposed to be more of a darker gray color. Do the Canadian models have different interior colors, than the US models?
</font>
There are two gray colors for both US and Canadian Ody's: Quartz is a light gray and a darker gray is called Fern. The one shown in the 2002 Ody brouchre is Fern.

·
Registered
143 Posts

http://www.fototime.com/inv/B677A18E3366FA5

</font>
PD55,
I know this is off-topic, but I want to thank you for also sharing those wonderful Aug. NY photos with us. I'd like to share with you what NY Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani said in U.N. yesterday:

"Let those who say that we must understand the reasons for terrorism come with me to the thousands of funerals we're having in New York City ¡X thousands ¡X and explain those insane, maniacal reasons to the children who will grow up without fathers and mothers and to the parents who have had their children ripped from them for no reason at all," he said.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
There are two gray colors for both US and Canadian Ody's: Quartz is a light gray and a darker gray is called Fern. The one shown in the 2002 Ody brouchre is Fern. </font>
Hmmm... in my brochure it shows the RRP interior color as Quartz. No choice-each exterior color has only one interior color. Is this the Fern leather on PD55s Ody? Excellent pics, thanks!

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Only Interior available with RedRock Pearl is Quartz.

I have the Quartz leather. It is a light gray, very similar to the gray leather in the Accords.

I have not seen the Fern, so I cannot comment.

[This message has been edited by PD55 (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
We picked up our RP-EX today and the exterior and interior color combinations look fantastic! The dealer also applied a light to medium pinstripe on the exterior which makes a sharp van look even better. I cannot say enough about how the van rides and handles. I think you will be very pleased. Gotta get back to the garage and look at it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts