Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '02 SS EX with stock wheels.

The front caliper shows thru the stock rim a lot. I want to paint the calipers so they look clean & new years from now.

I was thinking of going red, but wonder if its too much & may look dumb on a van???
Silver is my other choice.

Your honest opinions please...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
If you go with red, you are required to also install lots of go-fast stickers, yellow racing stripes, and purple tubing connectors on your cold air intake! With silver, just the go-fast stickers are required!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I do not know if there is enough heat to cure the stuff, but, I would be tempted to try the product the Eastwood company (and maybe others) sells to coat exhaust manifolds. It is a gray finish which is heat cured and would look pretty good. With that stuff, no "ricelike" stickers or flames would be required. The performance of the Odyssey would do the talking. I am not sure the stuff would work, in this application, but, I thought I would convey my idea to someone who might give it a try.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 GG LX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'd go with silver. Matches the van.
I had red on my Civic.Now you tell me if this is rice or not:

In my opinion,not rice.Decals,yes.Only of the brands of aftermarket products I installed.
But then again, its just my opinion.

------------------
-ROB-

'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 03-14-2002).]

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It'll be ricey when you start trying to race the likes of 240 hp minivans. Watch out for my mom, she races back (and wins).

Michelle

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.

The Mercedes M55 SUV comes stock with red calipers & it looks awesome on the silver ones, IMHO. Just enough flash to let you know somethings different.
I think with so much silver surface area on the van, red calipers may look ok.

I always use VHT brake & caliper paint - that stuff is awesome. It's epoxy based, chemical resistant & dries rock hard. Only around $8 a spray can & comes in all colors.

My current car is silver with red calipers - 2 years later the calipers look as good as the day I did them.

FYI, I would never put "rice" stickers on any car I own. Nor would I use a coffee can exhaust tip. I prefer the semi-sleeper look.

I guess I could always go with red, then paint over it if I don't like it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hachiroku:
It's definitely not rice.

Jets:
In my opinion, for silver van, use red. It'll stand out. I've got a GG and I painted mine red the day I got it. The only thing is that I used Folia Tec caliper paint. Hard as rock and glossy too. Easy to take off brake dust. However, it's costly. I paid C$45 + tax for it. But I was able to do 8 calipers (Ody & Civic) and still had a tiny bit left over for my daughter's bicycle.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
KMG365 said:
Nice wheels on that Civic, Rob. And I'm still waiting for that Lagreat badge from Fresno....
Thanks. Unfortunately that car was stolen, along with all the goodies.:(
Did Mark from Kiyoshi's give you a date for delivery of the badge?
Mine took awhile because of ordering,customs and all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts