Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing the honda care for 120K miles. Does anyone know if regular scheduled maintenance visits are required for the warranty to be valid? What is required as far as maintenance proof so that it will be honored should something happen after the bumper to bumper warranty expires?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I am looking at purchasing the honda care for 120K miles. Does anyone know if regular scheduled maintenance visits are required for the warranty to be valid? What is required as far as maintenance proof so that it will be honored should something happen after the bumper to bumper warranty expires?
The maintenance needs to be completed in accordance with the schedule set forth by Honda, or by the Maintenance Minder computer in your car. The work does not need to be preformed by a Honda dealer. You can take it to an independent mechanic, or do the work yourself, but just keep very good detailed records if you go either of those routes. Detailed shop receipts, or copies of your purchase receipts if you do the work yourself. Also, be sure to document the exact mileage and dates the work is preformed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The maintenance needs to be completed in accordance with the schedule set forth by Honda, or by the Maintenance Minder computer in your car. The work does not need to be preformed by a Honda dealer. You can take it to an independent mechanic, or do the work yourself, but just keep very good detailed records if you go either of those routes. Detailed shop receipts, or copies of your purchase receipts if you do the work yourself. Also, be sure to document the exact mileage and dates the work is preformed.
Do you know if things like the 30,000 mile service, 60,000 service are required? Or just regular oil changes....

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Do you know if things like the 30,000 mile service, 60,000 service are required? Or just regular oil changes....
I would suggest that you read the manual. These vans no longer have traditional 30k and 60k service intervals. Your vans maintenance minder (MM) will calculate when oil changes are due, and it will tell you when to perform other maintenance like tire rotations, air filter replacments, replacing tranny fluid, replacing coolant, along with a whole host of inspection items like brake, exhaust and suspension components. Brake fluid is to be replaced every 3 years, independent of mileage, and it is not "tracked" by the maintenance minder.

To remain in compliance with the warranty, I would suggest you need to have documentation that all maintenance work was performed in accordance with the MM or your manual. Now if your tranny goes at 90k miles and you never paid Honda to inspect your tie rods, I don't think they can deny a warranty claim.....but if you can't prove the tranny fluid was ever changed (either with a receipt from a Honda shop, an independent shop, or detailed records of your own if you DIY) then you could be out of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts