Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
woohoo!

So, when are we **FINALLY** going to do a Northwest meet?

Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Wow! Big move. Job?

You know, I think this is the only automotive website that has "llama" in the keywords. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: woohoo!

Wayne Lim said:
So, when are we **FINALLY** going to do a Northwest meet?

Wayne
I'm afraid things have kinds gotten away from me. I was going to try to get something going for a get together? How about this Sunday at someplace on the East side??? :usa:

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: woohoo!

Lead Foot 60 said:
I'm afraid things have kinds gotten away from me. I was going to try to get something going for a get together? How about this Sunday at someplace on the East side??? :usa:
You know, now that I've said what I said, weekends kind of get away from me too. With two ten-year-olds, the weekends aren't quite what they used to be. However, I'd be more than happy to have an excuse to sneak out for a couple of hours, especially if I could report that I've successfully modded our left side door or modded the headlights so I can turn both the low and high beams on.

Anyone for a roll-up-the-sleeves working party?

Wayne

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Wayne Lim said:
You know, now that I've said what I said, weekends kind of get away from me too. With two ten-year-olds, the weekends aren't quite what they used to be. However, I'd be more than happy to have an excuse to sneak out for a couple of hours, especially if I could report that I've successfully modded our left side door or modded the headlights so I can turn both the low and high beams on.

Anyone for a roll-up-the-sleeves working party?

Wayne
Sure, where do you want to do this? I have the Honda shop manuals.:)

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Lead Foot 60 said:
Sure, where do you want to do this? I have the Honda shop manuals.:)
Yowza! Well, since my life is not my own, let me check with the Mrs. and the check out the sports schedule for this weekend. I'm probably going to be most likely available some time on Sunday. I think the weather is going to be low 70's and sunny, so we could do an outdoors place, maybe bring some grub and do the eating/modding thing.

I don't think I'll risk the wrath of waking up the Mrs. to ask her though!

Wayne

W

·
0 Posts
KaliOdy said:
Ah, nice. I might go visit the Space Needle next year. Any advice for a visitor? ;)
It's nice to give you an overview of the city. There's a moderately pricy restaurant at the top which sits in a rotating portion of the observation deck. It makes one complete rotation every 60 minutes or something like that, so that over the course of a meal you'll see the entire city.

Depending on when you come, there's various things to do. Being subjected to as much cloudiness and rain during the fall/winter/spring, most of the activities during the summer are outdoors. There's tons of hiking, and we have both Mount Rainier and Mount St. Helens to visit. We have hydroplane racing every year and there's a week-long festival surrounding that. The Space Needle area has EMP, Paul Allen's music museum, and depending on whether you catch it right or not, there are always tons of folk life festivals, music concerts, or other events like the one called "Bite of Seattle", in which a hundred or more restaurants all set up at the base of the Needle with small booths offering samples of their food for very little cost.

Winters are good for skiing, though usually the natives are resting up (and getting restless) for the nice long days of summer to return.

When might you be coming up? I'd love to see your ride!

Wayne

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Wayne, I'm thinking about coming either spring or summer, but I'm not brining the Ody. I'm flying. :) Thanks for the info. Lemme relay the message to my other half.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: woohoo!

Wayne Lim said:
Yowza! Well, since my life is not my own, let me check with the Mrs. and the check out the sports schedule for this weekend. I'm probably going to be most likely available some time on Sunday. I think the weather is going to be low 70's and sunny, so we could do an outdoors place, maybe bring some grub and do the eating/modding thing.

Wayne
Ugh. I might have family visiting for our baby's one month celebration, so this weekend probably won't work for me. Keep me posted though. There's always a chance I could sneak away for a few hours.

·
Registered
304 Posts
KaliOdy said:
Wayne, I'm thinking about coming either spring or summer, but I'm not brining the Ody. I'm flying. :) Thanks for the info. Lemme relay the message to my other half.
One other suggestion I'd add, Try to do the 2-1/2 hour Locks cruise that Argosy cruises has. It will give you a good perspoective and it is lots of fun too. In addition, the Pike's Market is a fun outing for a couple of hours as well.

As your plans get closer to finalization, let us all know. Since we are new here to the Seattle area, we are trying out a number of these "tourist attractions."

Good Luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Wayne Lim said:

Wayne
Wayne,

If we are going to do some mod stuff, would it be easier to do it at one of our houses where all our tools/resources are, and have you printed out any of the great stuff on your proposed mods?:D

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Lead Foot 60 said:
Wayne,

If we are going to do some mod stuff, would it be easier to do it at one of our houses where all our tools/resources are, and have you printed out any of the great stuff on your proposed mods?:D
I have the threads and tech articles on the stuff I want to do. What is it that you have in mind? I'm basically still needing to do the door mod on the driver's side, and I want to put a switch in to allow the low beams to run concurrently with the highs if I so choose.

I'm also very interested in a tranny cooler, but this is one of those "do it before next summer's road trip" kind of things.

What kind of mods were you thinking of? Might give me some ideas!

Everyone's more than welcome here, though I really don't have many car-specific tools. I just make do with a hammer, a screwdriver, and duct tape. . . :p

Wayne

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: woohoo!

CARTman said:
Ugh. I might have family visiting for our baby's one month celebration, so this weekend probably won't work for me. Keep me posted though. There's always a chance I could sneak away for a few hours.
With a one month old, are you sure you wouldn't rather use the time for a nap? :stupid:

I think this weekend is out for me too. We're celebrating my mom's b-day on Saturday, and Sunday is baseball/soccer/basketball day for the kids.

Wayne

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Wayne Lim said:
I have the threads and tech articles on the stuff I want to do. What is it that you have in mind? I'm basically still needing to do the door mod on the driver's side, and I want to put a switch in to allow the low beams to run concurrently with the highs if I so choose.

I'm also very interested in a tranny cooler, but this is one of those "do it before next summer's road trip" kind of things.

What kind of mods were you thinking of? Might give me some ideas!

Everyone's more than welcome here, though I really don't have many car-specific tools. I just make do with a hammer, a screwdriver, and duct tape. . . :p

Wayne
Wayne, I've got tools and a garage, so you could come here if its going to be just a couple of us.
The Tranny cooler is very easy, but requires taking the front bumper off (takes two due to its ungainlyness).

I have done all of the mods I'm interested in now--Fog Lights, Tranny & PS coolers, Trailer Hitch and Honda Back-up sensors.

I saw that you had a conflict this weekend. If thats the case, please let me know so re can reschedule, and maybe others could join us.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts