Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 with remote entry, alarm system and the GPS.

I assume it is possible to have the remote entry without the security system. Is that a correct assumption?

If so, where is the receiving antenna for the remotes and where is the magic box that makes the thing work?

My problem is clearly temperature related. The remotes (3) will only work in the morning if you are within 2' of the car and try multiple times. After about 10AM when the outside temperature here in San Diego is usually above 60F, it will work from 100' away.

All remotes act the same way, so I am sure it is vehicle related. I would like to start with the receiving antenna location and clean all connections involved.

Where do I start? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A Honda mechanic sent me a diagram that shows the remote lock control box on the passenger side to the right of the glove box. I am going to put a 25 bulb in that area and see if the remotes work any better in the morning.

Would buying the Honda shop manual be a good idea? Looks like they are about $150. Will report results from my heat experiment.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Correct it is to the right of the glovebox. It has a 14 pin connector. You have to remove or drop the glove box to get to it. The 2000 doesn't have a factory alarm so It must be an after market so all bets are off as to how it is interconnected with the remote locks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is an EX and does have an alarm that was either factory or dealer installed. You can still by the kit at HandA. The module is labeled with a Honda part number. Somehow that must interface to the original remote entry system as it does not have an antenna. Thanks for confirming the location of remote entry box. Until now it has been a mystery to me. If the heat treatment improves performance, I will remove it and check for cold solder joints etc. and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, I guess I should just replace it. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts