Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up our new Odyssey last Friday. We got the Lx which doesn't have keyless Entry standard, so I went with the dealer installed Keyless & Alarm option. The dealer says it is an Automate, are they any good?? I've never had the remote keyless before, and I don't like the fact that I'm unable to get into my locked car quietly. The remote works fine and chirps the horn & flashes lights when you use it. But when I unlock the door with the key to avoid the horn chirp, I can't open the door without setting off the alarm. That doesn't seem right, there are times like late at night or early in morning, when one would want to get into car quietly without disturbing sleeping family, neighbors, etc. But I either have to use the chirping remote, or my key to unlock, and when I use the later... the alarm triggers when I open the door. Bad design? Bad installation? Same thing happens with my wife's key. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not familair with the Automate brand at all, but the Honda one (and may aftermarket ones) can be programmed not to chirp at arm or disarm. I'd check with the dealer or their installer (many of them sublet the installs on aftermarket alarms) to see if yours can be programmed or if there is a sequence to pushing the buttons that will silence the chirp. I don't think may alarms can disarm with the key since it is difficult for it to tell the differnece between a screwdriver and a key turning it (although with the chip in the key for the ignition that can't be far off for them).

-Trevor
handa-accessories.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
your should be able to program your system to disarm and arm without the horn chirp. most alarms come with this feature. changing a couple of dip switches should solve the problem but, you will need the installation manual for that.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!
Appreciate the info & suggestions. I talked to dealer and they said they would try to get me some paperwork/details on the system. I guess I had envisioned common sense in a mere electronic device, ...I'll have to reprogram that vision, LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts