Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the remote start turn on the engine running and front fan for the windshield. However, it doesn't turn on the heat in the cabin? Is it normal?

I am wondering if it is supposed to turn on the heat...

Registered
The main purpose of the remote start is to make your car ready to drive. Windshield defrost is more important for driving.
It does fire up the seat heaters though! 馃榿

Registered
Mine turns down the defrost and turn on both seat heaters when I get in and press the start button.

Seems to be different than the last time I use it.

I wonder if it is time and temperature dependent.

Registered
I think I expected the heated seats to come on to "pre-heat" the seats when you remote start which would be way more useful.

Registered
Per dealer websites, it will default to 72 degrees. So if it's cold, it will use the heater. Not sure how helpful that is in the morning since your engine isn't hot yet...but meh.

Registered
it says:

"The heated seat will also be engaged in low mode on equipped models to warm the seats up before getting in. Be aware that the indicator light will not illuminate on the heated seat buttons. "

So I guess it is kicking on but on low and not turning on the light.

Registered
it says:

"The heated seat will also be engaged in low mode on equipped models to warm the seats up before getting in. Be aware that the indicator light will not illuminate on the heated seat buttons. "

So I guess it is kicking on but on low and not turning on the light.
Until you get in and press the start button with the brake, then the light comes on to show the status of the heated seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts