Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! My wife has a 2015 Honda Odyssey that we bought used, and does not have the remote start feature. She has become envious of me with my remote start for my truck, and I figured I would look into adding one for her.

Is there a recommended remote start kit for the Odyssey? I see various options online and wanted to see if there is a kit that anyone has experience with and is satisfied with. Thank you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
stick with compustar or idatastart, heard nothing but good things about them both.
You have to buy the optional T harness then everything is plug and play.
Since your model is push button start, you're going to need a pro to install it and program it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stick with compustar or idatastart, heard nothing but good things about them both.
You have to buy the optional T harness then everything is plug and play.
Since your model is push button start, you're going to need a pro to install it and program it.
There seems to be quite a few videos on youtube of amateurs installing pre-programmed plug and play remote start kits. I'm guessing those kits must differ from the ones you are mentioning?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Some installers / resellers will program them for a fee, provided you buy the unit off them.
You need a usb cable to program which is another 50 bux.

I am waiting until the summer to install an idatastart on my 2012 TE.
The reseller will program it for 30 bux.

They dont make a lot off the install, 150-200 bux, I just want to do it myself.

Idle curiosity or an obsession.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some installers / resellers will program them for a fee, provided you buy the unit off them.
You need a usb cable to program which is another 50 bux.

I am waiting until the summer to install an idatastart on my 2012 TE.
The reseller will program it for 30 bux.

They dont make a lot off the install, 150-200 bux, I just want to do it myself.

Idle curiosity or an obsession.
Care to link the model/item you're going to install?

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys. I ended up buying a kit. I'm only stuck at two wires. The first is the wire from the parking lot harness. The instructions mention a 12 pin blue connector but I'm not finding said connector in the steering column or behind the dash. The second wire is for optional hood pin switch to disable when the hood is open. I'm reading that the Odyssey already has a factory hood pin switch but I don't see one under the hood and wouldn't know where said wire is... should I run a new switch?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The hood switched is usually integrated in the hood latch. look for a connector.

If you don't have the service manual, go to the dealer and ask the parts department person to print off a wiring diagram for those circuits in question.

My dealer does this upon request, and I have done it often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts