Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have used the wrong place for this question earlier.
Does anyone have experience with having a remote start feature installed on their Ody? I just bought a 2000 (6705 miles!!!), and this feature would be great. Also, what is the way to go to improve the so-so audio - better speakers, better radio, or both? I'm toying with the idea of adding a cassette player to the radio/CD, but until I see if a better alternative is out there, I don't want to spend a lot of $$$. Thanks, all!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pseudolus:
I may have used the wrong place for this question earlier.
Does anyone have experience with having a remote start feature installed on their Ody? I just bought a 2000 (6705 miles!!!), and this feature would be great. Also, what is the way to go to improve the so-so audio - better speakers, better radio, or both? I'm toying with the idea of adding a cassette player to the radio/CD, but until I see if a better alternative is out there, I don't want to spend a lot of $$$. Thanks, all!
</font>
Remote start is not a problem. Just need an immobilizer bypass installed, many have done this/had it done. This has been talked about in the A/V forum, as well as the aftermarket accessories forum.

As far as audio upgrades, do speakers first. Best bang for buck improvement. Front speakers, then rears if you like. After that, evaluate and see where you are. Given you are budget conscious, I'd bet that speakers alone would do you just fine. Add a cassette if you like.

Look at Pioneer speakers for easy fit, good value, and bang for buck. If you want CD and tape, and want more power, aftermarket solutions are compelling, though the factory add on cassette requires the least integration work.

Search some of the more recent threads on speakers and head unit upgrades to get some direction.

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts