Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened three times through the past week occasionally, and it never happened before. I push the lock button, the indicator light goes on, but nothing happens.
Played with open/close doors, etc. - and then it suddenly works again. Is that a developing malfunction?
Any suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DP:
It happened three times through the past week occasionally, and it never happened before. I push the lock button, the indicator light goes on, but nothing happens.
Played with open/close doors, etc. - and then it suddenly works again. Is that a developing malfunction?
Any suggestion appreciated.
Thanks.
</font>
The problem that would be easiest to fix would be replacing the battery-if it is weak, your remote may not have enough signal strength to close the comm link (sorry, I'm a satellite engineer and slid into comm-speak). Next I would suspect the buttons in the remote itself. Start with the cheap stuff and work your way up (in cost).

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console

Coming up: Foglights,CD Changer,Glove Box Light

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know for a FACT that if the tailgate isn't closed the car remote will not lock the doors; the red button lights up but the Odyssey just sits there with a dumb look on its face..doing nothing.

This is actually handy as my tailgate sometimes doesn't close and I can catch it right away because the remote won't lock the doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts