Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The buttons on my remote stick chronically. Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone returned it to the dealer as a warranty item?

·
Registered
68 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by macglade:
The buttons on my remote stick chronically. Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone returned it to the dealer as a warranty item?</font>
I have had this problem too. What I have done is completely disassembled the remote. The buttons can be removed completely. Clean the edges of the buttons and the holes where the buttons reside. Gunk tends to collect there. It seems like I have had to do this about once a year.

Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleaning it out worked great. Thx Razorback. They best place to open up the remote is a small niche in the remote found at the same end as the panic button, which, if your remote was as dirty as mine, is also filled w/ gunk and may not be perceptible. I wiped everything clean and gently scraped the edges of the buttons and button seats with a small pocketknife blade. Be sure you get the pink colored gasket pushed back in place before you try to snap the two sdes together. One side went in easily and the other I had to work in a bit.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Razorback:
I have had this problem too. What I have done is completely disassembled the remote. The buttons can be removed completely. Clean the edges of the buttons and the holes where the buttons reside. Gunk tends to collect there. It seems like I have had to do this about once a year.

Greg
</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts