Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v got a Touring Elite, and when Picking my son up from Duty at barksdale AFB I had my windows up. in the back of the van I had a 12 pack of Coke. well a few of the can's lids de-laminated and coke leaked out. I had Both the Cargo area fold out 4 section Tray and the Tray that goes into the back of the vans cargo area.

The coke made it around the edge of the cargo tray and got on the seats, Side carpert and then leaked under the lower cargo tray.

I wiped off the leather seats but how do I remove the coke from the carpet? without causing any kind of damage?

Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
You need to use a carpet/steam cleaner with an extractor. It's the only way to completely get all the residue off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lucky that wasn't up front. My mother in law left a can up front in the cup holder. It exploded and stuck up the plastic platings in the gear shifter. It was almost impossible to put it into park. Luckily it was under warranty and the dealer took care of it. Something I never want to have to go through, especailly on an elite!

You may want to rent a steam cleaner from the grocery store with the furniture attachment. That's maybe $30 for a day, should get everything out nicely for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts