Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 Odyssey, and did a search for a while and came up empty.

Just looking for directions on removing the rear liftgate panel to install a backup camera. (Found some links for a 2004, but I believe they changed going to 2005)

(The camera will be a non honda part, and a wireless unit)

Also, when tapping into the backup lights, can I use the same lead wire that is used for the backup sensors.

Any type of pics/diagrams/help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks Much!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or, if someone has a link to the process of removing the panel I can use that too? (Found one on a 2004, but I believe the 2005's are different)
Thanks

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
On the 1999-2004 Odysseys, if similar to the 2005-2010 Odysseys, you remove 2 plastic screws from the bottom of the panel, remove the 2 screws in the handle and a bunch of clips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Help.. i broke my car

Help!!!! I broke my car

I was installing my camera and everything was fine. I started to clean up and. Put things away when I tried to cutaway excessive length away from the brake light.

I was zapped a bit and now I have all of these problems...

Reverese light doesn't work
Brake lights do work
Dashboard turns on but within 10 secs entire dashboard turns off!!!!
None of my windows go up or down.
Crusie control doesn't activate
None of my turn signals work
I can unlock my car doors but I can not lock them.
Driver side sliding door doesn,t work, but passenger side slinging door works fine.

And I can not get it out of park! I can push the shift lock button and move it in neutral and start the car their.

I looked online and I replaced the brake light switch but that did't fix my problem.

Help!!!!!! I think there is relay or a solenoid that died....

I have checked fuses with a tester. Many of them test bad while still connected to fuse box but visually they look fine. For instance while still connected to fuse box under the hood, #7 backup 7.5a fuse shows bad. I replaced it with a new fuse and while it is still shows bad with tester.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Easy there lkwan. We understand you're in a pickle but you don't need to post 4 times with the same thing.

Start by posting what model you have in your thread (I merged them both) and I will move it to the correct forum for that generation.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts