Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to replace my front expansion valve on my 1999 Odyssey. Everyone says I need to remove the evaporator section. Simply remove the glove box, then remove the screws and nuts mounting the evaporator section. Loosen the nuts on both refrigerant lines, and simply remove the evaporator section. That's where I'm stuck...or it's stuck. The ductwork protrudes into both left and right side of the evaporator section. There is no give on the ductwork, and not enough give on the evaporator section to get it out. Has anyone run into this problem? I've even removed the blower motor to see if I could pry the ductwork away from the evaporator.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
That is all that shows in the manual to remove it other than the refrigerant lines have to be removed not just losened. Are you sure you got all the mounting bolts, the bracket halfway up the left duct.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
I believe if you want to remove the evaporator and its plastic housing you have to disconnect the lines with high side and low side. Then you'll be able to pull it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts