Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Has anyone ever done this ? Is it simple and straightforward ? I need to get to the wires of the head unit. Don't know if I'll have to pull off the whole face section near the stereo.
Thanks.

</font>
hachiroku,
The radio/HVAC trim plate needs to be removed prior to doing any work. Its fairly straight forward, I have done it many times. Some people like to remove the plug where the fog lamp switch is located (left of radio), but if you have fog lamps and the switch is in place, then what? I have found if you insert your index finger between the steering column and radius of the dash plate, you can pull (don't be afraid to exert some force) and this will dislodge the center dash trim plate. After the trim plate is off you will need to disconnect the plugs for the HVAC controls, interior lamp and fog lamps switches. The radio is held in place with 4 standard hex head screws and easily removable. Just watch out for antenna connection (which is short) and the power line/speaker connectors. Do it once and you'll be an expert!
Good luck,
=Hy=

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 03-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 03-13-2001).]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hy,

Nice to see that I'm not the only one that didn't find it necessary to remove the foglight plug to remove that panel. That usually leads to damage to the panel.

If you can't get it off with your fingers, a tiny screwdriver at the top left corner will surely do it.

The trick to all those plugs that have to be removed is to find the piece that you have to squeeze to release the plug.

Let's see... I've had mine off 3 times: Cassette, fog lights, subwoofer.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts