Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yes, I admit its been a long while since I've been here, but I know where my bread is buttered with respect to my Ody. ;-)

I have a problem: I got a parking card for a new garage that I'm parking in, stuck it on the top of my cupholder/coin tray, then slid the "drawer" in.

I came to a red light, stopped, and heard a "click". I pulled the tray out and...*Voila*! The card is gone like magic!

Okay, so it slid over the top and into the back recesses somewhere in there.

I need to figure how to remove that cupholder/coinholder tray so I can feel around and grab my parking card. Perhaps also remove the center "storage bin" below it.

Can anyone help me as to the secret procedure for doing so?

- Randy

------------------
RW
'02 SS EX (Navi Wanted, but not Leather--looking into Aftermarket Navi)
- Cargo Tray & Cover
- Mud Flaps
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Lots of Scotch-Guard
'89 Red Mazda B2200
'86 Gray Acura Legend (Tranny going out--replacing with Ody!)
'84 Honda V500 Interceptor Motorcycle
Past 'Fav: '86 Honda Prelude Si (totalled by an idiot from behind)

·
1,484 Posts
Apparently there's a locking tab somewhere ehind the cupholder. And it looks like you will need a flat scredriver to unlock it. Here's Handa instructions on how to install the accessory ahtray: http://handa-accessories.com/odyssey/odyashtray.pdf

Or you could also remove the radio headunit. Once it's it out you should be able to see what's behind the cupholder. Good Luck!

-Nestor

------------------

HOMER'S ODYSSEY

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nestor's right on. I removed it a while back but it was hard to see the tab. It is at the bottom rear edge when you slide the tray open, at the middle if I remember right. Hard to see. And the printed instructions don't really point to the correct spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts