Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Can anyone help me with the correct sequence for removing the rear quarter panels? I'm trying to access the rear fender sheet-metal, to finish my soundproofing project, and am afraid I'll break something if I just start pulling at the interior panels. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
While it's not impossible, or even necessarily difficult, to remove the panels, I'd STRONGLY recommend getting the apropriate service manual for your van before the attempt. If it saves you even one broken or scratched part, chances are the price of the manual will be less than the price of replacing the part.

Also, FWIW, the rear air and heater runs behind the right trim panel with all of the included hoses and tubes. Knowing where they are before you go prying behind there could save you a lot of money.

Good luck, whichever you decide and let us know how it goes.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I have hesitated to inquire about service manuals, as my experience with my '93 Audi S-4 (set of manuals cost about $400!!!) taught me to figure out many things on my own, and leave the electronics, etc. up to the dealer. I will take your advice and purchase the appropriate manuals. Thanks for the reminder about the "plumbing" behind the RR panel. I will tread lightly!!!
I am enjoying learning from all you folks who have gone before me...still trying to figure out all the potential of the Forum. Thanks!!!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
While it's not impossible, or even necessarily difficult, to remove the panels, I'd STRONGLY recommend getting the apropriate service manual for your van before the attempt. If it saves you even one broken or scratched part, chances are the price of the manual will be less than the price of replacing the part.

Also, FWIW, the rear air and heater runs behind the right trim panel with all of the included hoses and tubes. Knowing where they are before you go prying behind there could save you a lot of money.

Good luck, whichever you decide and let us know how it goes.

</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts