Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Touring EX passenger sliding door will not open electronically or manually. I suspect a bad latch assembly. My problem is that I cannot open the door to get the interior panel off. I have read every once in while people were successful getting it off with the door closed. I am looking for any tips or tricks to help so that I don't just break everything.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
5,929 Posts
It's usually not possible to remove it with the door closed without breaking it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I removed mine twice with a functioning door and it definitely required having the door partially open in manual mode. I can't imagine removing it with the door closed. I believe the trims come together and would prevent the clips from being popped. There is definitely one clip in there deeeep that required me shoving my whole forearm in from the leading edge to pop loose.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Have you tried opening the door with an assistant? From the inside- pushing out the rear end of the door, while on the outside operate the handle and pull the door open? Have the dashboard sliding door switched off for manual operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help guys!
I was able to get it off without opening the door. Here's the details.
@kernel I did try with help to force it open, no luck.
I found a PDF that showed the location of all the plastic rivets and used that as a guide.
First I took the rear upper post cover off then started at the bottom of the door. I went from the rear to the front and that is where it got tough as the inner panel extends down behind the door seal at the front roller bracket.
I was able to ram my arm in from behind to get to the middle ones. Then just a heave upward got the panel off. I did break one rivet but that is a small cost.

I was then able to get at the latching mechanism and open the door. The cable to the rear latch had come out of the bracket. The $3.50 plastic retainer clip is completely mia. Got it back together and works like a champ. (New clip not shown)
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Hood Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts