Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sifted through 10 pages of searching "clear" so I apologize if this has been covered already...

I would like to remove the orange plastic reflector piece in the front headlights, but I'm not sure if it would be an easy removal (i.e. no need to cut/melt glue and completely dismantle the headlight assembly).

I noticed that the orange piece is "snapped" in based on a quick visual inspection, so it looks like it should come out easily, but how hard is it to get in there?

Once I removed the orange pieces, I was planning to run orange bulbs so that my blinkers still stay orange.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't know the answer to your post, I just want comment on your wheels.

I did the same thing to my 03 Acura TL with CL-Type S Wheels. Did you spray paint the centers?

Here is a pic of mine.

Pat

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Payor,

My buddy created a mask of the Honda logos and painted them for me.

Started with a glossy black and then applied the logo masks and then finished it with flat before peeling off the masks.

The lugs are OEM but I bought black vinyl lug covers online.

In hindsight, I suppose an easier way to get it done would be to tint the centercaps, but I am happy with how these came out.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm pretty positive that you have to bake open the headlights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping that it wouldn't be that... can someone confirm this for sure?

I saw the other thread(s) regarding the HID headlights, but I was trying to avoid something so costly...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Your going to have to baked open the headlights. I had to do that with my Accord when I wanted to paint the housing black and take out the orange strip. Sorry no other way around it good luck!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for confirming!

Looks like I'm just gonna try and get lucky and find a cheap pair from a junkyard to mess around with.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The shape on the '05-'07 seems to be the same as the '08-'10, so maybe you can retrofit the earlier version, which does not have orange lenses, into your model. Worth a look and try.

Edit: Well, looking back at pics, even the 05-07 doesn't get rid of all the orange, but only the reflector is orange, the light cover is not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sega626 said:
The shape on the '05-'07 seems to be the same as the '08-'10, so maybe you can retrofit the earlier version, which does not have orange lenses, into your model. Worth a look and try.

Edit: Well, looking back at pics, even the 05-07 doesn't get rid of all the orange, but only the reflector is orange, the light cover is not.
Thanks for the suggestion! I had noticed that for the older headlights (the orange is not as noticeable as the 08s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts