Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2004, EX-L Res. Can the cup holders in the side panels to the rear be removed (passenger specifically but would do both)? We've removed the inner cup liner but someone spilled something and we've got all kind's of crap dried inside. I've done a search but best I'm finding are references to the console trays. It appears from a blow up of the area I looked at on Hondaparts.com that they can be removed but I don't see how and I don't want to damage something without knowing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
To remove them you have to remove the whole passenger side rear trim panel.

1.Remove rear bucket
2.Remove the step panel from the side door.
3.Unbolt both seat belt anchors
4.Remove the lift gate lower trim panel.
5.Pop out the speaker cover.
6.Remove the speaker.
7.Remove the 2 side trim screws, one under the catch for the rear bench the other is in the hole where the speaker was.
8. Remove the panel, try not to break all the clips.
9.Unscrew cup holder from main trim panel.

Now if you are doing this just to clean out the cup holder. Here is what i would do.

1.Boil a kettle of water.
2.Lay a towel on the floor under the cup holders, to catch overflow.
3.Get a popsicle stick or tongue depressor. Square of one end with a box cutter. Use a file to sharpen the flat end, like a small wooden chisel.
4.Poor a splash of the hot water in each cup holder. Wait a few minutes. Then use the stick to scrape the goo out. Use a rag or paper towel to dab the hot water out of the holder. Repeat as necessary.
5. Add a cleaner to the mix to muscle up the clean, if needed.
6. Finish it of with an old toothbrush, if needed.

good luck.

Ian

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was afraid that the whole side would have to be removed. That could have been done better.
Hot water and muscle it is. Maybe I should let the kids do it. It's their Coke that's caramelized in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts