Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here!

I am the new owner of a '05 EX and it has a couple of minor issues...one being that the factory 6 disc cd player has a CD stuck in it.

Has anyone had any luck removing stuck CDs? Is there a preferred way of doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions that you may have.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Remove the radio fuse or disconnect the battery for an hour or two. Pretty common trick discussed over here for stuck CDs and stuck DVDs in the RES. Keep your anti-theft code handy though.

Welcome to the Odyclub. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
What about an "extra" CD stuck? My 6 y.o. managed to jam a 7th CD in our '06 EX's 6 Disc CD Changer. Any suggestions?
That's tricky. Your best bet if you can see it is to pull it out using a women's plucker or better yet, remove the radio and open up the top cover and help the cd out without pushing too hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's tricky. Your best bet if you can see it is to pull it out using a women's plucker or better yet, remove the radio and open up the top cover and help the cd out without pushing too hard.
Hmm, I'm not sure about a plucker. The CD is "in there"...i.e. you can't see it and no matter how long I push & hold the "eject" button or pray, it ain't coming out.

So, to remove the radio, I gotta partially disassemble the dash, huh? That sounds complicated. I've changed out the radio a few times on my '93 Accords and, while not difficult, can be tedious. This '06 Odyssey is the "nice family car".

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
pull it out using a women's plucker
Wow, the number of inappropriate comments in my head right now is overwhelming!! I must remember this is a family site......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts