Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently refinishing 4 HFP carbon bronze metallic rims with light curbing damage. I googled for prepping methods and followed that closely. I bought Carbon Bronze Metallic (YR562P-C) paint from Express Paint and sprayed on one curb scratch and inspected in bright sunlight. It didn't match as I was expecting; more of a dark graphite; not enough of the bronze, albiet, a hint of it, I was looking for. A little disappointed, I removed the paint and started over and primed it again.

So, on a whim, I picked up Duplicolor Bronze wheel paint and used it as the base. After it dried, I LIGHTLY mist the Carbron Bronze Metallic over the bronze. I kept on applying ever so lightly till I matched it close as possible. I inspected it again in bright sunlight and it looks decent, not show quality mind you, but good enough for me. I sprayed several coats of clear and afterwards, I polished it to blend the clearcoat with the OEM finish.

It was fun to do and saved money doing it myself. It's going to take a while as I don't have a lot of free weekends. I will post pics as soon as I finish my first wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
>>UPDATE<< Pics Inside

Here are the rims that I finished not too long ago. The first rim I made one too many passes of the Carbon Bronze Metallic. A bit too dark. Had I just held back the passes, it would've been perfect. The second rim is as close as I could get. The other two rims have the similar results. Overall I'm happy with the results and have met my expectations. Feedback encouraged :D.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts