Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an 'oops' with the rear hatch of our 2001 Honda Odyssey the Honda 'H' symbol on the hatch was sheared off. So now the little posts from the 'H' are stuck in the hatch and the 'H' is broken off. Anyone have ideas on what to do now?

Should I super glue the 'H' back on to those posts? Or how could I remove the little posts stuck in the hatch? I don't think I can pull them out. Maybe drill them out with a dremel or something?

Thanks.

Dan in Wisconsin

·
Registered
242 Posts
Maybe don't try to get them out, but "put them all the way through"?

Aren't those just "pressed into" the sheet metal? Or perhaps they are like "anchor studs"... Anyway, I'd be very surprised if they extend all the way back to the other side... And they are just some "plasticized" material.

Perhaps a small screwdriver (like for glasses) or a small drill bit, carefully centered, will allow you to drive them through. While you don't want to damage the sheet metal (i.e. expand - or oblong - the holes) it wouldn't even be so tragic if you did. Then a bit of silicone on the new studs before you pressed the badge on...

I'd suggest getting a new badge, looking at the studs/stakes to see how they are configured ... and then just driving the old ones through.

Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts