Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Checking in...
I called AutoZone to tell them that I would need a denso.
They looked up my file and told me the one they sold me is a denso equipped rebuilt by duralast.
I told them that I needed denso brand specifically. They said it's the same thing. So I told them that the alternator was still running 11.97 while car was running. He agreed that it should be higher and it could be a problem in the remanufactured process with the current alternator that's in the van right now. So I guess I'm going to take this one out and put the new one in Friday.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Checking in...
They looked up my file and told me the one they sold me is a denso equipped rebuilt by duralast.
I told them that I needed denso brand specifically. They said it's the same thing. So I told them that the alternator was still running 11.97 while car was running. He agreed that it should be higher and it could be a problem in the remanufactured process with the current alternator that's in the van right now. So I guess I'm going to take this one out and put the new one in Friday.
Any thoughts?
I would cut my losses with Auto Zone and buy a remanufactured Denso alternator from Rock Auto, or some other reputable place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2008 honda pilot. The engine, vsa, battery, and 4wd lights came on at the same time. I also had no power when pressing the gas. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor. Changed it 2 years ago never had the problem again. Just something to look at if the others solutions don't work.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2008 honda pilot. The engine, vsa, battery, and 4wd lights came on at the same time. I also had no power when pressing the gas. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor. Changed it 2 years ago never had the problem again. Just something to look at if the others solutions don't work.
The throttle position sensor (it's actually the throttle body btw) caused your car to run at 11.9 volts?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Checking in...
Any thoughts?
That means it's a duralast LOL and no it's not the same thing.
Autozone doesn't sell reman denso altenators, they can order a new one. Check with Napa, they do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey guys. I ordered a DENSO straight from rock auto. I called AutoZone and told them to give me my money back. They agreed to do so. And rock auto is saving me 100$
Taking pos alternator out Friday and the denso will be here next Wednesday. Wish me luck

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hey guys. I ordered a DENSO straight from rock auto. I called AutoZone and told them to give me my money back. They agreed to do so. And rock auto is saving me 100$
Taking pos alternator out Friday and the denso will be here next Wednesday. Wish me luck
That's it! Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The throttle position sensor (it's actually the throttle body btw) caused your car to run at 11.9 volts?
I miss spoke sorry it was the "Accelerator Pedal Sensor Assembly". The op said that dash lights came on abs, battery, and vsa. Then they lost power to the accelerator. My pilot did the same thing. All the lights came on and it went into limp mode. My battery voltage was low but that was a seperate issue. I replaced battery. Then the alternator thinking that would solve my problem too. Power output was good. Then it did it a couple more times with no codes. I replaced the assembly and that resolved my issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HELP!
I am having troubles with my 2008 Honda odyssey.
My battery light came on and then my VSA came on and the ABS
And I hit the gas and I was getting RPMs but it's like I wasn't getting enough power to move the van like it normally would.
Long story short...
I have put a new battery on. New terminals
Remanufactured alternator has been put on. (I know they could be bad right out of the box) And a new serpintene belt.
But.. That all said and done. I'm having the same problems I have before.
I have checked all fuses and they are all good. The van won't start sitting there but I can jump it no problem. Soon as I take cables off the voltage on the battery start going down. I'm wondering if I have an electrical issue or if I truly was sold a bad alternator. I have been reading about transmission issues as well and I really hope that's not the case. I am just perplexed at what my problem is.
Any help and experience would be greatly appreciated
This is how I repaired mine.

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thanks DV! I thought it smelled spammy! :cool: (y)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts