Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I replaced the battery in my 2007 and now everything works but the automatic doors, can anyone help me??? I'm stumped these doors are driving me nuts.

Thanks,
CAsurveyor

·
Registered
333 Posts
Found this using google

RE-HOMING THE DOORS

If the power slide door control unit has lost power for any reason (battery disconnected, etc.), the doors must be re-homed before they will work properly. The power sliding door control unit must relearn the door's home position so it can use the revolution sensor to keep track of the door's position when it is moving.

1. Erase the sliding door DTCs by removing the No. 7 fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.
2. Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
3. Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch and the ratchet switch closed at the same time).
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.
5. Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.

Happy New Year
© 2008 Mitchell Repair Information Co., LLC.

Answered by KHLow2008 (expert)
Hi viperman789,

If the sliding doors were opened when the battery was replaced, you need to reset the control unit to get it operating correctly. Perform the following to see if it helps.

RESETTING THE POWER SLIDING DOOR CONTROL UNIT

If the battery terminal is disconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is removed while the power sliding door is operating, the power sliding door will not be able to be opened or closed automatically until it is reset. To reset the system, fully close the sliding door manually. Once the battery terminals are reconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is replaced, the power sliding door system will automatically reset. Make sure the power sliding door operates properly.

© 2008 Mitchell Repair Information Co., LLC.

If the above dose not help, then you would have to try to retrieve for trouble codes which requires the Honda Diagnostic System scanner.

Answered by KHLow2008 (expert)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts