Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Replacement Front Bumper Cover Recommendation?

1921 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  MrRangerZr1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source for a replacement front bumper cover?

I'm aware of folded vs not folded, and primed for paint and pre-painted options. Just looking for reliable source for my son's 2003 Accord

I'm not finding this at local junk yards to pull.

(Sorry to be posting this here, but this is the only Honda community/forum I'm a part of.)

Thank you.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good source for a replacement front bumper cover?

I'm aware of folded vs not folded, and primed for paint and pre-painted options. Just looking for reliable source for my son's 2003 Accord

I'm not finding this at local junk yards to pull.

(Sorry to be posting this here, but this is the only Honda community/forum I'm a part of.)

Thank you.
See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2007 EX / 172K miles
82 Posts
I purchased this prepainted and folded bumper cover on eBay: NEW Painted To Match- Front Bumper Cover Replacement 2005-2007 Honda Odyssey Van | eBay

Here is their Accord bumper: NEW Painted To Match Front Bumper Cover Fascia for 2003 2004 2005 Honda Accord | eBay

The folding caused no issues, and it had a good fit. The paint match was so-so (on the dark side), but okay considering the price. It looks much better than the scratched up bumper that was on my van.

Like you, I had searched for a bumper cover from a few salvage yards, but they were all in worse condition than the one I wanted to replace.

Attachments

· Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
2,021 Posts
I have read good things about the bumper cover sthpawil linked. No personal experience, but I'd probably get one if I couldn't source one from a junkyard.

· Registered
2010 EX-L
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for. FYI, $230 price difference between folded vs non-folded shipment! ($440 unfolded vs $210 folded for a pre-painted bumper cover.)

I am waiting for an estimate from my local body shop for them to source a bumper cover and paint it for me.

· Administrator
15,428 Posts
That's it !!! I am banning you for asking an Accord question.

· Registered
2007 EX / 172K miles
82 Posts
If you order the folded bumper, when it arrives, you just unwrap it in a warm place and then leave it alone. It will unfold itself within a couple of hours.

I can only imagine how much plasticizer is in the paint to keep it from cracking.

You'll probably want to have some extra bumper tabs on hand... I think that I broke three or four as I was taking them off.

· Registered
2010 EX-L
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

I have about 100 extra bumper fasteners on hand.

I am still debating between folded vs unfolded, but at an extra $230 just for shipping an unfolded bumper cover, I'm not sure it's worth it.

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
7,355 Posts
Thanks.

I have about 100 extra bumper fasteners on hand.

I am still debating between folded vs unfolded, but at an extra $230 just for shipping an unfolded bumper cover, I'm not sure it's worth it.
It really depends on how much you care about the way it looks, the folded one won't look pristine and perfect, but it's likely miles better than what you have now.

· Registered
6,098 Posts
Just get the folded one, not worth the extra 200+ bucks. Just put it out in the sun for few hours or whole day and it should be good. Aftermarket anything will never be perfect.

Or keep looking for a used OEM bumper, which is very hard to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.