Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm considering a 2011 - possibly the EX, but if the wifey demands leather, the EX-L. I don't love the Honda nav system - and it is godawful expensive - I'd rather replace the head unit like I did in my wife's current Camry with an aftermarket unit (with nav, bluetooth, etc. double DIN) but it seems like from the design it either isn't possible at all, or you would need some serious trim kit.

Anyone ventured into replacing the system in these vans yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
There are a few scattered threads asking the same question, but to answer your question, no, doesn't appear so. It's too new and for my own entertainment I did some quick parts searching and it appears not to be cost effective either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't love the Honda nav system - and it is godawful expensive

Thought I would report back for anyone else considering. We ended up with an EX-L with Navi. Now that I have had an opportunity to play around with the system, it is extremely intuitive and very powerful. It is just as fast as a flash-drive based unit, like a Garmin, much faster than the DVD-based systems. And it has a lot of data points. Being able to control it via voice command is another feature I poo-pooed when shopping the van but have grown to appreciate.

So, in the end, the Honda nav system, in my book, was totally worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts