Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can purchase replace key fobs? I lost mine and my wife is ready to file divorce papers. Do I have to go to Honda, or can I purchase one aftermarket? Any idea what the cost will be?

2000 EX, Granite Green; bug deflector, mud flaps, cargo liner and locking lugnuts on the way!

------------------

·
Registered
329 Posts
You don't have to go to the Honda dealership. Try eBay.

I believe that there are instructions on this site on how to program a new fob.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
ummmm....it's not a key fob, it's the remote transmitter. Unless you really think of it as an ornament:

Main Entry: fob
Function: noun
Etymology: perhaps akin to German dialect Fuppe pocket
Date: 1653
1 : WATCH POCKET
2 : a short strap, ribbon, or chain attached especially to a pocket watch
3 : an ornament attached to a fob chain

ANYWAY, cmmeyers is right. Try ebay for replacement remote transmitters. The dealer wants $130 or so, but you can find them cheaper on ebay. (I've always wondered how...)

I now have 4 remote transmitters. And yes, they're incredibly simple to "program". Actually, you don't program the transmitter. You program your Ody to understand that transmitter. The transmitter itself never changes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
replacement transmitter site

Doing a search, I found a site that offers OEM remotes for $59.00. Its address is www.keylessride.com and includes telephone assistance in programming. I just lost my remote so will try this if it does not turn up soon. If anybody has info on this company, I would appreciate your input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my remote from Keylessride.com. It only took a day to arrive and it came with written instructions on how to program the remote. It works great. However the instructions do say that only 3 remotes can work for a car. I dont know how accurate it is as I only have 3 but I dont know why more remotes wouldnt work.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kronax said:
I just got my remote from Keylessride.com. It only took a day to arrive and it came with written instructions on how to program the remote. It works great. However the instructions do say that only 3 remotes can work for a car. I dont know how accurate it is as I only have 3 but I dont know why more remotes wouldnt work.
Is it the same as Honda OEM?

·
Registered
12 Posts
another supplier

I went to buy a remote replacement from Keyless Ride and the price had gone up ten bucks. I found another supplier of the OEM remote at www.autotechs.com for $60 plus $5 shipping. I ordered it on Thursday or Friday and it got here Monday.

The intructions were not great but I found them on the forum courtesy of nemogira. These are his intructions that worked for me (though it took a couple of times and remember to program your old remote too as its code needs to be reentered or something).

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the tailgate are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button
3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit)
6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit).
9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver (control unit)
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.
13. Within 10 sec., aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you to store the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where to point the transmitter

Courtesy of Nemogira:

"This is what I found out in the 1999-2001 Service Manual.
The word “Transmitter” refers to the keyless remotes. And the “Control Unit” (or Driver’s Multiplex Control Unit) is the white plastic box next to the parking brake."

The whole thread is here, with programming instructions (same as above):

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=928&highlight=programming

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts