Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a good speaker upgrade that i can buy for my 2000 Ody that won't require me to drill holes or cut any plastic housing? I'm looking for speakers that will replace the standard speaker for the front and a 4" that'll fit in the rear? can someone give me suggestions? i really prefer just cutting the wires and installing the speakers without modification to the housing.. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
"Good" is a matter of preference, but there certainly are replacements that require no modifications. Try checking some of the other threads (OEM Speakers and Upgrades) and Crutchfield.com for some ideas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Blueflash,
Here's a wiring tip on wiring your speakers. Instead of cutting off the the factory speaker plugs, use some wire strippers and cut the wire insulation and slide it over to expose the copper wire. Solder in a your speaker lead extensions and tape them off. This way makes it easier to reinstall the OEM speakers if you ever have the urge to and it keeps the factory plugs from getting misplaced. Sorry I couldn't help you with speakers that will drop right in without any modification. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, etc., all sell adapters fairly inexpensively that will avoid cutting and splicing if you prefer.

------------------
Chuck Konarske
http://www.fototime.com/inv/E5EF2F60BF78337

1 - 4 of 4 Posts