Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Rim Diameter/Width: 17X7.5

90304-TK4-A01
lug nuts (acorn)

08W42-SHJ-101A
lock nuts

06421-S3V-A04
SENSOR ASSY., TPMS

Too much time has gone by, but I purchased the 06421-S3V-A04 units because I understood they had a better flush fit with my rims

Now the batteries on the TPMS units are dead - I already purchased 4 replacement TPMS units - 06421-S3V-A04

But they all failed

- I dont know if the installer programmed them wrong

- maybe the batteries on the replacements were old and dead already???

Here are my questions
  • any suggestions on where to purchase replacement TPMS with strong batteries (or a method to test the batteries)
  • is there some clear direction/instruction I can provide to the installer (should he program as an ‘06 Ody or the Element that matches the rims)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
As a side note, the genuine Honda TPMS sensors are cheaper than most of the aftermarket brands - and they work. Check out Majestic or Bernardi on-line sites. I repalced all 4 of mine recently due to dead or weak batteries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a side note, the genuine Honda TPMS sensors are cheaper than most of the aftermarket brands - and they work. Check out Majestic or Bernardi on-line sites. I replaced all 4 of mine recently due to dead or weak batteries.
Thanks thscott - purchasing from eBay was one of my original mistakes with replacing these TPMS units

So, if you can help me avoid another mistake, when I purchase the 06421-S3V-A04 items from Majestic/Bernardi, do I tell the installer to configure/program the units for an '06 Odyssey - or for the Honda Pilot wheels I used to De-PAX (sorry in advance for my ignorant question)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I don’t think the TPMS sensors know or care what wheel they are installed in but they do need to communicate with the vehicle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It is important to let people know of your vehicle and trim level. 06 Ody isn't going to cut it. Put your vehicle info in your signature and you don't need to repeat it ever again.

To my understanding, Touring will automatically pick up and configure the TPMS on its own. Other trims will need to be programmed in manually.

The devices will communicate with the vehicle so, of course, you would program it for a 2006 Ody. This is not a complex thing to do as Wal-mart can do it for you at a tune of 10-15 bucks per wheel to switch out a TPMS sensor. When I replaced my tires at Costco last winter, I chose not to replace them because it would only cost me $10 per wheel to change it out late if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is important to let people know of your vehicle and trim level. 06 Ody isn't going to cut it. Put your vehicle info in your signature and you don't need to repeat it ever again.

To my understanding, Touring will automatically pick up and configure the TPMS on its own. Other trims will need to be programmed in manually.

The devices will communicate with the vehicle so, of course, you would program it for a 2006 Ody. This is not a complex thing to do as Wal-mart can do it for you at a tune of 10-15 bucks per wheel to switch out a TPMS sensor. When I replaced my tires at Costco last winter, I chose not to replace them because it would only cost me $10 per wheel to change it out late if needed.
Good tip - it is a touring trim - signature updated

I purchased 4, and the installer said they programmed them??? Bottom line, they don't work - my initial suspicion was that they were old when I bought them - got a great deal on the price from eBay ;)

Do you think it is possible they were fine and the installer mucked it up?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Just buy the genuine Honda TPMS sensors and be done with this madness. They are inexpensive. Probably cheaper than the junk you bought on eBay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts