Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We purchased a 2011 Touring this February and we had a problem with our driver's side 2nd row shade mesh that is attached to the sliding door. The kids were holding on to it when I tried to open the door and it ripped in half. I already bought the part from the dealer and was planning to install it myself but it seems like I need to take the inside of the door apart.
My questions are:
- Do I need to take the inside plastic door off to replace this part?
- Are there instructions anywhere online that can help me? I asked the parts department and they were not helpful.

Thanks in advance!
~fern88

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same question here. What's a more economical way to get this replacement part and fix it other than having the dealer do it? Fern88, how did you wind up handling this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My daughter broke this part on our van also. Anyone have insight into the complexity of replacing this part on your own? I have a quote for $120 to purchase the parts or ~$300 for parts/labor.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My daughter broke this part on our van also. Anyone have insight into the complexity of replacing this part on your own? I have a quote for $120 to purchase the parts or ~$300 for parts/labor.
Try these couple steps below from 2012 LX trim......before going to the shop $$$.

**Switching between manual and automatic Sliding-Doors operations**
Automatic operation: Select the ON
position of the sliding door main switch.

Manual operation: Select the OFF position
of the sliding door main switch.

Remove the this pillar on the sliding-door, pull with your hand, it should pop right out.

Remove this C-clip from the door handle, using small screwdriver or small pick, PS: don't lose it.

Remove 2nd row seats, then slide the door half-way. Use both hands and pull as hard as you can, while using your foot from moving.
Once you get one of those stubborn clips pop-out, Put your hand between next clips, 1-by-1 will be easier pop open ( since there no screws holding it)

Once all clips pop out, it should look something like this, naked sliding-door.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nomorenow, explain your curtains? Pull across? How to they fasten? Where did you get them?

Do those come in the FX or did you buy them somewhere?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine is called "VIP Curtains" sold in ebay. And Pull across, it comes with 3M backing, I stick top one on the window & lower one stick on the pillar.

Just so happen this week, When I give my son classmate a ride back home.
After I got home, sure enough he broken two clips on the 3rd row seat, my kids seated in 2nd row. (I've always have the curtains tie up).
I don't recommend these with young kids, the roller-ball clips like can easy broken off from the mesh.
The vip curtains still usable (covers), not the best shape now. Darn...........

Nomorenow, explain your curtains? Pull across? How to they fasten? Where did you get them?

Do those come in the FX or did you buy them somewhere?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have an idea in my head brewing for a removable screen. I need to get my sewing machine tuned up. The idea is brewing...

Kids are freaking demons. The best laid plans, they wreck. But I am cooking something.

·
Registered
328 Posts
No dinner tonight, we will be putting the trailer hitch on. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put 35 tint over the factory tint. Nice and dark during the day, tolerable at night, and don't have to worry about my kids busting the shades.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nomorenow,
Thank you for posting these instructions with the photos. It is just a matter of time that the shade will need to be replaced or the door locks won't work. The tip about using the foot to hold the door...can make all the difference!

·
Registered
328 Posts
This thread has brought up a very good point about kids trashing those expensive factory installed shades that make me glad we didn't go higher just for those. I was thinking my kids are old enough to understand them and use them easily but I wouldn't put it past them to start tugging on them just to see what would happen... tearing on the dotted lines... etc

I used to scratch the varnish of the pews in church as a kid just to see what would happen. It was waxy and saftisfying to scrape off. Kids are little monsters. :D

wojowojo - what kind of price to tint?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This thread has brought up a very good point about kids trashing those expensive factory installed shades that make me glad we didn't go higher just for those. I was thinking my kids are old enough to understand them and use them easily but I wouldn't put it past them to start tugging on them just to see what would happen... tearing on the dotted lines... etc

I used to scratch the varnish of the pews in church as a kid just to see what would happen. It was waxy and saftisfying to scrape off. Kids are little monsters. :D

wojowojo - what kind of price to tint?

I just did 20% all the way around my van including the 2 little windows by your side veiw mirrors for $220 total last week

·
Registered
489 Posts
nomorenow,
Thank you for posting these instructions with the photos. It is just a matter of time that the shade will need to be replaced or the door locks won't work. The tip about using the foot to hold the door...can make all the difference!
Glad to help, agreed it just matter of time, my sister '08 Odyssey broke hers last year and yes her kids cause it.
Since then she left it alone, hahaha......

BTW: These are some steps replacing 2nd row speakers , replace blown speakers or upgrading.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts