Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the tires on my 2008 Touring with 17 inch factory rims and without PAX (purchased that way). Apparently, Walmart does not sell TPMS sensors but have agreed to install them when they install my tires (235/60R17). I am looking to purchase 4 Genuine Honda 42753-SHJ-A53 TPMS sensors. Walmart has told me that they will just install them and cannot program them if needed. Do you know if these sensors need to be programmed or will the car automatically learn the new sensors?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one responded to my question, I decided to pull the trigger and try it out blindly. I am happy to report that the 2008 Touring will automatically relearn genuine Honda TPMS sensors (42753-SHJ-A53). Just install them and drive for 2 blocks. TPMS light and warning will go away and pressure readings will show up on the dashboard. Side note: I kept my old sensors and confirmed that they are identical to new ones. The actual manufacturer is TSW.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am personally having to replace some new Acura TPMS sensors in a set of MDX wheels because they are not compatible with Honda's TPMS. Good ol' parts interchangeability, or the lack thereof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts