Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if its possible to get the underseat CD Changer with a RES model?

The Canadian dealers don't really know (they assume you can but have never seen the vehicle) and the U.S. web site does not show it as an option.

I searched previous posts but there wasn't a clear answer on this so I am curious now that there are a lot more of these out there if anyone has the CD Changer installed or has been told that it can't be done?

Thanks... Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude - soon to be gone

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just picked up our 2002 RES and one of the buttons on the stereo is labeled CD/CHG.

I don't have a changer, but I would guess it's possible. Don't know for sure. Maybe call a Honda dealer in the US, many have toll free numbers.

Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, you can...the honda unit installs under the driver seat. If you had plans to install the sub-woofer, then the changer gets put into the back somewhere (the woofer HAS to go under the seat). The way the manual reads, if you wish to access the changer, press the CD/Changer button. If you want to just use the single CD in-dash, just press it again.

Hope that helps!!
Bob.

Proud new owner of a 2002 RRP EX-L RES!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Took a look at my stereo in my van over lunch, it does have buttons for "Disc +" and "Disc -" which would indicate to me that you could add a CD Changer.

Scott

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just go to handa or hondaparts4you or ahmotor and select the 6 disc changer.

Around $400. Handa website appears inaccessable at the moment.

·
Registered
99 Posts
HandA and hondaparts4you will not ship to Canada, for those of us who wish they would!

------------------
2000 Accord SE
1999 GrandAm GT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update -

The dealership here has checked with Honda Canada and they say that the RES unit CANNOT support the underseat CD Changes as the DVD unit is using the connection.

This seems to be in contrast to some of the posts here which indicate that the manual indicates that the RES unit can support a CD Changer.

I am wondering if anyone has actually had this installed or been told by Honda that this is possible.

Cheers... Gary

------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude - soon to be gone

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Page 201-27 of the Honda ETM, photo 163, clearly shows the back of the EXL-RES headunit. It has 4 connectors, one of which is marked 'CD Changer Accessory-14 pins'

A - 20 pin
B - 16 pin
C - 22 pin
D - 14 pin

Note that the manual is quite confused about which does what. I think the photo's captions ar wrong or something. Anyway, it can clearly be connected to an underseat CD changer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can absolutely get the RES and CD changer. We picked up our Ody a week ago with the subwoofer (installed under the drivers seat) and the CD changer (installed under the front passenger seat) with RES. And as stated in previous posts, the buttons on the headunit control the changer. Hope this helps.

Nak

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Compatible Alpine units are available from Etronics for $189. You'd need an adapter and cable, I believe, for a total of about $240.

This assumes you want to install it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts