Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up RR Pearl RES and started figuring out the RES system. All seems fine and pretty slick, however, appears that the front and rear cannot listen to two different radio stations (i.e front through speakers and rear through headphones). All else works fine (front and rear can each have independent DVD, Tape, CD) however, if I try say an AM station in front and an FM station in the rear (through headphones) for the kids, it switches both to the same station. Is this normal ? Not the end of the world, however, you would think that this is so basic that it could be done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Others have asked this question, and I had wondered myself, but the answer is no. The headunit only has one tuner, limiting it to one radio station for front and back.

Nak

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Actually, as you look around and experience the world, two tuners is not normal. Most of your average TVs that advertise picture-in-picture will have a warning in the very small print: you must supply the other picture source, such as VCR or whatever. Without reading that, most people assume they can watch two different TV channels at once right out of the box--but t'ain't so.

Read the owner's manual. It's straightforward on all of this. Page 205: "...rear passengers can enjoy a different entertainment source (radio, cassette player, CD player, or DVD player) than the front seat occupants."

Radio is a source, as in single.

Of course, you could always supply your own tuner and plug it into the AUX jacks in back.

Ya gotta love RES. What you want to do, RES can probably do it one way or another.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Even so, I believe that the front and rear speakers are not able to play different sources. The headphones can play a different source than the front, but once you enable the rear speakers, they play the source of the front speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts