Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the Honda RES from distorting 4:3 DVDs?

Quite a few DVDs are in 4:3, especially older films or IMAX films, and they look terrible when stretched out of proportion to the 16:9 aspect ratio of the LCD screen.

I can't imagine hooking up a game system to the RES if it is going to distort those too.

Is this my inability to read the manual, or a nasty oversight by whoever manufactures the RES?

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES w/ misaligned, hard to close driver door

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just answered my own question by playing with the remote.

The DISP button allows you to change the display so it has black bars on both sides when it comes to 4:3 material.

The manual mentions it on page 213, "To change the color, contrast, aspect ratio, and brightness of the video screen, press the DISP button."

I missed it the first two times I looked in the manual

------------------

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glad to hear that you solved your problem. I suggest you take some time to watch the demo DVD disc, which includes many useful hints for operating the RES.

Sid

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading the skimpy manual section on it, I started to figure that maybe the intro dvd has something useful on it.

I'll take it inside tonight and watch it in the house... I'm not in the back seat of the ody long enough to watch much of anything

------------------

·
Registered
32 Posts
Demo DVD disk? I don't think I got one of those. Did you get it from your dealer?

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mstaebo:
Demo DVD disk? I don't think I got one of those. Did you get it from your dealer?

</font>
Yes, your dealer should give it to you along with two wireless headphones and a remote control. These things are all wrapped in a plastic bag and are placed in the spare tire well when RES Ody's are shipped from the factory.

Sid

[This message has been edited by ody2002 (edited 11-07-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts