Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 EX-L with RES.
Stock.

Bought the Van about 2.5 months ago, but was missing the rear RES remote, and wireless headphones.
Now I know any ir 2 channel headphones will work.....great.

But bought a used RES remote from E-bay for 40.
Not working but it does light up....

Do I need to pair it or something.
does anyone have instruction on even how to use it.
also it does not sit properly, it is not a easy snap in.....
But everything lines up perfect....and nothing broken on RES or remote.

Thanks in advance.
DN

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would suggest changing the batteries if you haven't already. As I recall one of the batteries in the remote itself is a spare. You might get lucky and be good for a while on it. A word of caution the batteries if bought through the dealer are expensive like anything else and in typical fashion and when sourced outside of the dealer are not a commonly stocked "coin" style battery. They are out there you just have to hunt around for them.

Our remote firmly snaps into the RES docking area and I did not have to pair/re-pair it when I changed my batteries for what that is worth. Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
72triple thank you very much for this info.
I could not find anything to go on in the Manual.
odd that the battery info is not in the manual either.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you open the battery compartment on the remote, you will see that it takes 3 CR3032 batteries. These are huge coin cells that are bigger that a quarter! Two of the batteries are for the backlight and only one is used for the remote functions. If you look carefully around the edges of the individual battery slots on the remote, you will see little icons showing you which are for the light and which is for the transmitter.

None of the batteries is a spare, but it seems like the transmitter one is the one that always dies first. I've always wondered if the electronics has a constant drain on it because in my van which is 3 years old, I've never once used the remote and when I tried to use it the first time, the transmitter battery was dead. The backlight batteries were fine. Anyways, what you can do is just swap one of the backlight batteries for the transmitter battery and voila, your remote will be powered (although without a backlight). That's how you can use the backlight batteries as two spares.

One other thing, if you ever get the remote to dock up to the RES unit, you should try the remote then. When it is docked, it doesn't use battery power for the transmitter functions, so you can verify if the remote works or not that way.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Megatron, Very usefull info, on the batteries and Docking.
I have confirmed, that while docked, it does not work...at all.
so chances are it is a dead remote.
but will still try the batteries swap or even purchase a new battery.

OK, a friend of mine that I see on a regular basis, has a 2007 Touring while mine is a EX-L with RES.
Can I take his remote, and try it in my van?
Any issues here?

Thanks in advance again.
DN

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Yes. You can try your friend's remote. Also, you can try your remote in his touring as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts