Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the other day, the sound was coming out of the speakers next to the res system. I want to figure out how to get that back working again, now all i can do i get the audio from the rear wireless headphones or the whole sound system in the car...

What am i missing (besides an hour's worth or reading in the owners manual)

Thanx!

·
Registered
687 Posts
You have posted your question in the wrong forum. The Moderator will probably move or close your thread.

To get sound to the overhead ceiling speakers (next to the RES screen), when playing a DVD or whatever source you are using, go to sound setup (from the front audio controls) and set the fad all the way to the rear most setting. Then the sound stops outputting from the surround speakers and outputs from the ceiling speakers.

;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have posted your question in the wrong forum. The Moderator will probably move or close your thread.

To get sound to the overhead ceiling speakers (next to the RES screen), when playing a DVD or whatever source you are using, go to sound setup (from the front audio controls) and set the fad all the way to the rear most setting. Then the sound stops outputting from the surround speakers and outputs from the ceiling speakers.

;)

Thanks, but then can i still listen to the radio in the front?

·
Registered
687 Posts
No, either whole van listens to the same source via the speakers or the front listens to their own source (i.e. radio) via speakers while the back listens to a seperate source (i.e. DVD) via headphones.

If you have more than two people in the back, then you can buy additional wireless headphones (from Honda or third party) or use wired headphones via the headphone jacks in the third row.

You can fade the speakers to just play in the front so it doesn't interfer with those in the back watching a DVD via headphones.

:)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Does the 3rd gen RES work exactly in the same way as the 4th gen one? Does the 4th generation RES work in the same way as the Ultra-wide RES from the top-trim Touring (CAN)/Touring Elite (US)? If yes, then it is a valid assumption, if not, Why would you want to post where you might not get an answer in 2-5 weeks?

As in any other decent car forum, each generation section should have its own electronics sub-section to avoid confusion as not all the gizmos for each generation are created equal, especially coming from Honda, but it seems that this forum is brilliant as it is so...

Anyway, back-on topic, the setting sounds useful, but I just realized that the standard 2011 Honda Odyssey RES overhead does not have speakers like the Ultra-wide one does :(. My kids are not in age for headsets (yet) so I just put the fader settings at 90% on the back speakers, then wife and I can talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Agree. I'm almost always only in the '11 section. If a thread gets moved out of this section, I may never see it. Sorry to those that I could have helped...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Guys, I agree with you guys 100%. The only reason I am towing the party line is because the moderator is a control freak and stuck in his ways. It's basically his way or the highway. If you don't follow the rules, he'll just lock your thread and your question won't get answered either! I'd rather see a thread survive than get locked!

Either way, you can't win!

:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.