Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
The buy-back prices offered seem to be really high these days. I just traded in my 30 months old 2019 Elite/White with 10.5K miles and got a 2022 Elite/White. Old one was in Mint condition except for 2 of the rims got some curb damage. Traded in for $41,325 and the new one was $46,128 + $400 in tax + ~100 doc fees. The additional/updated features made the upgrade worth it in my mind. I kept the headsets (got more the 2 kids and Ody only comes with 2 Headset).

·
Registered
15 Posts
The buy-back prices offered seem to be really high these days. I just traded in my 30 months old 2019 Elite/White with 10.5K miles and got a 2022 Elite/White. Old one was in Mint condition except for 2 of the rims got some curb damage. Traded in for $41,325 and the new one was $46,128 + $400 in tax + ~100 doc fees. The additional/updated features made the upgrade worth it in my mind. I kept the headsets (got more the 2 kids and Ody only comes with 2 Headset).
So your out of pocket cost is around 5K.
Folks I'm in a similar situation but with 33 months old 2019 Elite Blue with 15K miles on it. Loosing honda vac is it really worth it?
Basically we might save max some 2K by not immediately buying extended warranty and new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The challenge with buying out a lease is I have to pay tax (maybe) unless we do dealer assisted.
I also refuse to buy 1) white exterior and 2) beige interior, which is basically the inventory now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Folks I'm in a similar situation but with 33 months old 2019 Elite Blue with 15K miles on it. Loosing honda vac is it really worth it?
Basically we might save max some 2K by not immediately buying extended warranty and new tires.

I used my Honda Vac 3 times in 2.5 years. I have a Floor vac in my garage is lot more convenient than messing around with the Honda vac that is all the way in the back. Would have been worth it if it was like new Sienna where it is in the middle. I have posted another article with all the +\- comparing 2019 with 2022. Check it out. 2019 vs 2022

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you’re thinking about it, I’d get it done by end of the month. The chip shortage is coming to an end soon based on the reduction in backlog with GM.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If you’re thinking about it, I’d get it done by end of the month. The chip shortage is coming to an end soon based on the reduction in backlog with GM.
uh huh. Yawn.

Intel Forecasts 'More Normalized' CPU Supply In 2nd Half Of 2020

Intel CPU shortages likely to persist through end-2020

The global chip shortage will be a long-lasting problem.

·
Registered
2019 Elite, pearl white
48 Posts

I dont quite understand the added value in going from the 19 elite to a 22 elite . As I understand it, the seats are the exact same, save for the contrast border piping. it’s the same infotainment system so no upgrades there either.same engine, same 10sp trainy.. I understand the ACC now takes you to a stop, but otherwise the safety tech and software is the same. Same garmin navigation, same 12 speaker set up. Same acoustic isolation measures - double lam glass, foam in the frame. The slight mod to the front grill is subjective.....Whatever your use of the Honda vac now or in the future, it’s no longer an option for you...

am I missing something?

·
Registered
2019 Elite, pearl white
48 Posts
I dont quite understand the added value in going from the 19 elite to a 22 elite . As I understand it, the seats are the exact same, save for the contrast border piping. it’s the same infotainment system so no upgrades there either.same engine, same 10sp trainy.. I understand the ACC now takes you to a stop, but otherwise the safety tech and software is the same. Same garmin navigation, same 12 speaker set up. Same acoustic isolation measures - double lam glass, foam in the frame. The slight mod to the front grill is subjective.....Whatever your use of the Honda vac now or in the future, it’s no longer an option for you...

am I missing something?
Oh I was I’m missing the tricolor floor mats. They are nice so I ordered a set.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EX Platinum White Pearl/Beige
8 Posts
You don’t get the Honda Vac anymore (discontinued). You can buy leather seat covers for all you seats. You can have the tailgate bar painted. The EX doesn’t have the moonroof though.

·
Registered
2019 Elite, pearl white
48 Posts
FYI for those concerned with reliability and resale:

We got an “official” offer (not going to take it) to sell our 2019 Elite with 25k miles for $42,500. Possibly higher if we negotiate. Note we paid LESS than that new. 2 1/2 years ago.

CarMax, etc online sale/trade was much lower (mid-30s), so it’s an in-person thing that requires some work.

Problem? What the hell could we buy… and not get gouged…
Backing up to the original topic: so how is this all connected to concern for reliability? ....what I wonder about is how sticky reliability perceptions remain - or dissipate - over the next few years as the 5th gen reliability issues become better known. Will that affect resale value at precisely the moment when feature based upgrade to a revamped Ody finally makes sense ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time lurker here, but finally decided to register and post...odd first one but it is what it is.

In Jan i bought a private sale one owner 19 Touring with 50k miles (yes it's high) for 27 with tax (7.5%). I have a chance to pick up a 18 EXL nav/res for about $30.5 (total) with 29k miles from a family friend.

My 19 i could probably sell to carmax or similar for 33k+.

We do little driving , maybe 7-8k tops per year. Thinking future resale...take the slight ? downgrade now and pocket ~3k and have a van with lower miles or keep the touring ?

·
Registered
2019 Elite, pearl white
48 Posts
Long time lurker here, but finally decided to register and post...odd first one but it is what it is.

In Jan i bought a private sale one owner 19 Touring with 50k miles (yes it's high) for 27 with tax (7.5%). I have a chance to pick up a 18 EXL nav/res for about $30.5 (total) with 29k miles from a family friend.

My 19 i could probably sell to carmax or similar for 33k+.

We do little driving , maybe 7-8k tops per year. Thinking future resale...take the slight ? downgrade now and pocket ~3k and have a van with lower miles or keep the touring ?
If u have the 10 speed in that touring- and I think you do - I would hesitate as you will be getting the ZF 9 speed tranny. There’s a reason homda dropped that 9 speed tranny in 21 across all trims

·
Registered
417 Posts
Concerning why to upgrade, it’s more than just leather piping and black bumper trim.

I went from a 2018 to a 2021 last November before everything went crazy. I had 27,000 miles, three open recalls, no warranty, a B12 service due, tires measuring around 5/32”, body work from when a car hit the bumper at the school parking lot (they left a note and paid out of pocket so it wasn’t reported to insurance or carmax), a deep scratch that the dealer put on the body paint when doing warranty work, noisy windows at highway speed that couldn’t be fixed, awful panel gaps, and “speed sensing” windshield wipers that only went at very fast speeds.

For $350 a month for 36 months ($12k), I got a new car that didn’t have any body work, no visual reminders on a daily basis of how dumb that dealer was, correct panel gaps, no wind noise, wipers that actually work, and new tires and warranty.

Best of all I didn’t have to take it in for three recalls and waste time at the dealer. The 2021 overall is a much better vehicle to me than my 2018 was. I bought in July 2017 and got one of the very first models and it showed.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey EX-L
124 Posts
Concerning why to upgrade, it’s more than just leather piping and black bumper trim.

I went from a 2018 to a 2021 last November before everything went crazy. I had 27,000 miles, three open recalls, no warranty, a B12 service due, tires measuring around 5/32”, body work from when a car hit the bumper at the school parking lot (they left a note and paid out of pocket so it wasn’t reported to insurance or carmax), a deep scratch that the dealer put on the body paint when doing warranty work, noisy windows at highway speed that couldn’t be fixed, awful panel gaps, and “speed sensing” windshield wipers that only went at very fast speeds.

For $350 a month for 36 months ($12k), I got a new car that didn’t have any body work, no visual reminders on a daily basis of how dumb that dealer was, correct panel gaps, no wind noise, wipers that actually work, and new tires and warranty.

Best of all I didn’t have to take it in for three recalls and waste time at the dealer. The 2021 overall is a much better vehicle to me than my 2018 was. I bought in July 2017 and got one of the very first models and it showed.
when doing a trade in do they take into account any upgrades, like OEM rails/crossbars, OEM hitch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm thinking of potentially upgrading my 2019 Elite to 2022 Elite. A quick question to those with the 2022... is the AC and seat ventilation any better on the 2022? I find it very weak on the 2019 models.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Backing up to the original topic: so how is this all connected to concern for reliability? ....what I wonder about is how sticky reliability perceptions remain - or dissipate - over the next few years as the 5th gen reliability issues become better known. Will that affect resale value at precisely the moment when feature based upgrade to a revamped Ody finally makes sense ?
No.
You think people ask "how reliable is this Mitsubishi" or "how much imma gonna pay for this S600 fixins" ?

Crash test = top notch
Features = great
US News = "upscale interior"
And... it's a Honda.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey EX-L
124 Posts
so just for run I tried Vroom and my 2020 EX-L with 12k miles got an offer of $1100 more than what I paid for it.
I already have trailer hitch installed and roof rails/crossbars (2k in total), but I guess I can remove at least roof rails/ crossbars, put molding back and put it on a new car? :)
I wonder what new car sell for these days...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts